• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Medicine Tips/Help (1 Viewer)

Blackman 50 cent

HSC
Hey Everyone,

AS you all know how hard getting into medicine is, with all that competition, I've working hard but have no idea on whether I will get in or not!

What should I do if I don't make it, please help as to what other options I have besides medical science- I heared about medical science alot but I am looking for other degrees that is pretty much easy to get the marks and get into medicine.

I am after all the pathways for these university's UWS, UNSW, James cook, New England etc.

Thanks everyone, if you could also give info about what each university is looking at, that would be great.

Medman

HSC
Uni marks scale really badly to ATAR scores. If you score anything above 99+ ATAR I would not study an university course and take a gap year if you are serious about medicine and invest as much time and training for it. This would be a waste imo unless you look for people to mentor or professionals to guide you. because unless you are topping it you will get lower than a 99 ATAR equivalent score. If you fail repeatedly to get into medicine and you do a degree with no other opportunities you are pretty much stuck with doing something totally different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)