Medicine ? (1 Viewer)

Munti

92.25 ATAR! hmu for tutoring :) im cheap
HSC
So I’m in year 11, and was just wondering if I need a prerequisite for medicine in 2019 for the following universities?; USYD, UNSW, Macquarie Uni or Western Sydney Uni? Thanks!

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Macquarie u need to have done biochem, physiology anatomy subjects during ur bachelors degree

RedThread

HSC
Usually to get into any sciencey courses you need to have done your HSC on 2 unit mathematics and at least 2 units of science. I know this applies to Western Sydney Uni, at least.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Usually to get into any sciencey courses you need to have done your HSC on 2 unit mathematics and at least 2 units of science. I know this applies to Western Sydney Uni, at least.
No that's bullshit

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
So I’m in year 11, and was just wondering if I need a prerequisite for medicine in 2019 for the following universities?; USYD, UNSW, Macquarie Uni or Western Sydney Uni? Thanks!
Subjects: There are pretty much no prerequisites for any of those uni's, theres mainly only assumed knowledge of English standard (B4+) and in some of the uni's there is assumed knowledge of math (2 unit+, I think this is only for usyd and uws[statement is carried with no evidence apart from the above statement who I'm sure referred to assumed knowledge and not required for uws]) apart from Macquarie which had its prerequisites already stated above.

Other examination: unsw and uws require you to get good in your UMAT, go through an interview and have a good atar. For usyd you don't need to do UMAT (probably) but the cutoff is 99.95 and some kind of assessment so it shouldn't be too hard to get in. MQ I'm pretty sure the fastest way to medicine is via clinical science root for 2 yrs then doctor of medicine for 4 yrs, clinical science has a cut off of 90.

Me sources:
MQ pathway
MQ clinical science
UNSW requirements
Usyd requirements
UWS requirements(check under admission criteria arrow)

Last edited:
HSC
people say biology isn't a real science in high school but funnily enough, it's high key important in med (and the content is the same, just much more in depth)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)