Medium Rare vs Well done (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I like seafood as long as its cooked 100% and not part of the insect family, things like Praws, Lobsters etc.
Prawns are crustaceans, not insects.

They are very different biology speaking.

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
A prairie oyster is a traditional beverage consisting of a raw egg, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and/or hot sauce, table salt, and ground black pepper. Tomato juice is sometimes added, reminiscent of a Bloody Mary. The egg is broken into a glass so as not to break the yolk. The mixture is quickly swallowed.

An Amber Moon is a cocktail containing Tabasco sauce, a raw egg, and whiskey or vodka. It is considered a "hair of the dog" hangover remedy, though there is no scientific evidence showing that drinking alcohol is effective as a treatment for a hangover.

@B1andB2 @jojosiwa123

Why are you guys so shocked?

Last edited:

Kyufruit

HSC
How do people like their meat? I cannot eat anything other than well done. I literally inspect every piece of meat to make sure it’s perfectly cooked. Weird phobia I have.

My friends always tell me medium rare beef is soo much better but I just can’t.

EDIT: Literally writing this while I inspect every piece of chicken on my pizza to make sure it’s perfectly cooked.
Let me cook for you and I’ll make you the best well done meat you’ve tasted in your life uwu

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Prawns are crustaceans, not insects.

They are very different biology speaking.
Yeaaaaah well for all intents and purposes they look the same, i.e. nasty!!
Though they are from the same family which is still just as bad.

Those are the best ones!
🤮

Let me cook for you and I’ll make you the best well done meat you’ve tasted in your life uwu
I actually like cooking if the end product turns out good, and have cooked a steak well done pretty decently before. However let’s just say the only thing that was well done was the meat, the flavour is a completely different story....

quickoats

HSC
A prairie oyster is a traditional beverage consisting of a raw egg, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and/or hot sauce, table salt, and ground black pepper. Tomato juice is sometimes added, reminiscent of a Bloody Mary. The egg is broken into a glass so as not to break the yolk. The mixture is quickly swallowed.

An Amber Moon is a cocktail containing Tabasco sauce, a raw egg, and whiskey or vodka. It is considered a "hair of the dog" hangover remedy, though there is no scientific evidence showing that drinking alcohol is effective as a treatment for a hangover.

@B1andB2 @jojosiwa123

So you're getting hungover?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad

@B1andB2 @jojosiwa123

Good thing I don’t drink then!

Also how can alcohol be a treatment for a hangover when the alcohol is the thing that causes a hangover?? You’ll just be in a infinite cycle of hangovers as time -> infinity.

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
So you're getting hungover?

Also how can alcohol be a treatment for a hangover when the alcohol is the thing that causes a hangover?? You’ll just be in a infinite cycle of hangovers as time -> infinity.
I only do the Prairie Oyster on a regular basis/whenever I feel like it.

However, the Amber Moon for me can only be done on special occasions like Christmas or my Birthday etc. Also, I don't use proper alcohol, I use Vanilla Extract, tastes better with the same effects.

About the Hangover Treatment, I'd say it's BS though probably it's the "fight fire with fire" type of thing

quickoats

HSC

Yh I think it’s BS but I guess it sorta postpones the hangover.

Kyufruit

HSC
Yeaaaaah well for all intents and purposes they look the same, i.e. nasty!!
Though they are from the same family which is still just as bad.

🤮

I actually like cooking if the end product turns out good, and have cooked a steak well done pretty decently before. However let’s just say the only thing that was well done was the meat, the flavour is a completely different story....
Do you eat rice with meat? I can give you a recipe that you’ll thank me for for many years to come

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Brown people: ugh stupid white people know nothing about food and cooking

Also brown people: EWWW I'm not eating pink meat YUCCKKK I only eat meat that is cooked to the point of being dry and tough

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you eat rice with meat? I can give you a recipe that you’ll thank me for for many years to come
Yeah. You have to try Chicken biryani. It is a heavenly chicken with rice dish!

Brown people: ugh stupid white people know nothing about food and cooking

Also brown people: EWWW I'm not eating pink meat YUCCKKK I only eat meat that is cooked to the point of being dry and tough
Yeaaah welllll European food in its essence does not really have much variety of flavour, but I still love eating it.

Also that’s coz I don’t wanna die from eating pink meat! No thank you.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Yeaaah welllll European food in its essence does not really have much variety of flavour, but I still love eating it.
How many different European cuisines have you actually tried?

Also that’s coz I don’t wanna die from eating pink meat! No thank you.
You can't get sick from eating medium rare steak (unless it's contaminated, which well done would make you sick as well)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
How many different European cuisines have you actually tried?

You can't get sick from eating medium rare steak (unless it's contaminated, which well done would make you sick as well)
I’ve tried a lot of European cuisines!

As far as I’m concerned pink = bad. It literally says online that medium rare can be harmful, for e.g. pregnant women should not eat medium rare meat because you could get a parasite but well done is ok.

dighead

HSC
The chances of eating dying from eating pick meat/raw seafood in Australia is almost unheard of. Australia has one of the strictest regulations on food and produce in the world, and it is extremely unlikely that you'll get a parasite. I don't know of anyone who has gotten sick from eating rare (let alone medium-rare) meat, so it's not really something that you should be worried about. You should probably be more worried about going into the sun, since the probability of getting skin cancer in Australia is exponentially higher than getting sick from medium-rare steak.

Also, if it's about health, it's well known that red meats in general are not good for you, and by that logic, you shouldn't eat any red meat. That is especially true for salted meats such as bacon, chorizo, etc. That's not to mention the damaging environmental effects of the meat industry, which is one of the largest contributors to global warming. So if you really wanted to go down that whole not-good-for-you road, then you shouldn't be stopping at medium-rare steak, you'd kinda have to give up any sort of meat.

Being in constant paranoia ain't a great way to live.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I’ve tried a lot of European cuisines!

As far as I’m concerned pink = bad. It literally says online that medium rare can be harmful, for e.g. pregnant women should not eat medium rare meat because you could get a parasite but well done is ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)