melboune cup vs. IPT exam (1 Viewer)

H.S.What?

HSC
hotice11 said:
On the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month - Rememberance Day - instead of observing a minute's silence for all those who died in battle, I will be dutifully writing myself to a standstill in my Economics exam. Sure, I'll be silent and everything, but it's hardly the same thing. And when it comes to a lack of respect for Australian culture and history, this pretty much comes top of my list.
yea thats pretty fucked up hey, lets have some time to respect the diggers. fuckin board of studies have gotta get their priorities right

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
hotice11 said:
On the 11th Hour, on the 11th Day, of the 11th Month - Rememberance Day - instead of observing a minute's silence for all those who died in battle, I will be dutifully writing myself to a standstill in my Economics exam. Sure, I'll be silent and everything, but it's hardly the same thing. And when it comes to a lack of respect for Australian culture and history, this pretty much comes top of my list.
Take a minute off - its only 1/180th of your exam.

xx__savannah

HSC
I hope that IPT isn't on the same day as the Cup next year -- the HSC ruined my chance to go to Melbourne this year, because I have Chemistry on the Wednesday, then I have the rest of my HSC next year.

I've gotta say, Diva is the best racemare we've definately seen, but that's not to say she's infallible -- 58kg is a lot for a mare over 2 miles, regardless of whether she should be at 63kg or not. Leica Falcon had a great run, if he gets i. Railings is a good horse as well. I'm sorta worried about Eye Popper, though.

ephemeral

HSC
You can go to or watch the races every day of the year, there's only 1 exam. You can make just as much money betting on a Class 1 at Wodonga on a Tuesday as a Group 1 at Flemington.

H.S.What?

HSC
yea but u cant make as much money on a trifecta or exacta cause the pool is no where near as big, anyway thats not to say u cant still put money on the cup anyway lol.

but its just not the same atmosphere watching a race at wodonga ... :(

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
a_person86 said:
I did the hsc last year and the ipt exam also clashed with melbourne cup.

The examiner asked whether we wanted to listen to it and he will add 10 minutes onto the end of our exam. Obviously we had to put pens down but it was a good breather.
sif that really happened?

iamsickofyear12 said:
Last year we got one of our exam supervisors to listen to the race and put the winners on the whiteboard.
that is a cool suggestion..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)