• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Melbourne (2 Viewers)

*hopeful*

HSC
ticky2002 said:
I really like Melbourne.
I'd have to say more the Sydney.

However I only recall going to Sydney about 3 times in my life, not including flying into the airport then flying out again.
ok maybe now you could answer the question and tell me why you like melb ?

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
*hopeful* said:
ok maybe now you could answer the question and tell me why you like melb ?
It just seems friendly, and cool?
I don't know, it's hard to describe really.
I just like it?

I find Sydney to sort of touristy or something? I'm not sure.

I can never answer that question in a way that people can understand.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
ticky2002 said:
Hay.
5hrs North of Melbourne.
Half way between Adelaide and Sydney.
Well there you go, you're from Victoria, and you're biased like every Melbourne people from there no offence :p. I just don't get why Melbourne is so 'cool' when it comes to fashion and night life, where you might as well find fashion somewhere in Bali or something, lol.

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
Well there you go, you're from Victoria, and you're biased like every Melbourne people from there no offence :p. I just don't get why Melbourne is so 'cool' when it comes to fashion and night life, where you might as well find fashion somewhere in Bali or something, lol.
Uhm, you're wrong.
Hay is in NSW.
Look at a map.
Going directly north it takes about 2.5hrs to get to the Vic/NSW border.
Yeah maybe I am a bit biased as it is around 2-3 hours closer then Sydney is, but whats that matter anyway.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
*hopeful* said:
definitely do chapel st, theres a good variety of stores so im sure you'll find something, alot of my friends like GASP jeans but i think they only suit really thin girls
Yeh, I've been there when I was younger..is that the factory outlet kind of area? I actually thought it was Church St, but I can see where I went wrong now... :p

ticky2002 said:
Uhm, you're wrong.
Hay is in NSW.
Look at a map.
Hahaha, my mate's family have friends there and they gave them one of those 'Where the hell is Hay?' stickers :p Well, I think that's what the sticker said..something to that effect anyway.

To get a bit more on topic, I'm from Newcastle, and I prefer Melbourne over Sydney for sure. Everytime I go to Sydney, I come home feeling exhausted and dirty. I would never drive in Sydney. I don't like the shopping in Sydney. No.
Sure, I haven't been to Melbourne in a while, but I have been a few times, and I enjoy the shopping, love all the gorgeous little cafes and alley ways, and although I've not been over 18 when I've visited, I've been told there is a great club/pub/gig-scene and I'm totally keen to suss that when I go down next :D I think it's a bit slower than Sydney which I prefer (waiting for a 'but you're from Newcastle, you live in the country' type response :rolleyes:)

I love when people from Sydney hate on Melbourne people for ripping into Sydney and saying Melb. is better, when Sydney people rip on Melb. and say Sydney's better. Love..
icraig88 said:
and who gives a fuck about the mcg, we have telstra stadium (now called anz), scg, sydney showground, aussie stadium.
..who gives a fuck about the Telstra stadium, SCG, Sydney showground, Aussie stadium? I certainly don't.

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
em_516 said:
'Where the hell is Hay?' stickers :p Well, I think that's what the sticker said..something to that effect anyway.
Yeah that's what they say.
Because it's out in the middle of nowhere!!

*hopeful*

HSC
em_516 said:
Yeh, I've been there when I was younger..is that the factory outlet kind of area? I actually thought it was Church St, but I can see where I went wrong now... :p
umm its just a street with stores lol its not in the actual CBD though

there is a DFO (factory outlet) on Spencer St which is pretty good too but its got alot more of the generic stores like just jeans, dotti, cotton on etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)