memory (1 Viewer)

w i l l s

hey guys ....
was wondering if any of u hav any suggestions 4 motives/symbols that represent memory or names associated with memory ... (memory's a major concept in my MW)
all i can think of is elephants :eek: :p
thx heaps guyz!

elfgal

what about salvador dali's artworks - 'the persistence of memory' and 'the disintegration of the persistence of memory'? :p

w i l l s

cool ... thx guyz ^-^
n i'll try researching dali's art

also ... i remember that some herbs were thought 2 aid memory ... cant remember wether it was sage or time or *rosemary* ... (i could b wrong altogether tho :p)
any1??

i was also looking up flowers : the Forget-Me-Not! :p
LoL

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The song is called Memory lol do a google search for the lyrics.

I dunno if this is just me, but I see memories as kinda like pages of a "living" book... moments, words, flashes of video clips, images...

The motif of memory sounds great. Think about how you would represent your own memory. Grab an A4 page and draw your "memory"... see what sort of symbols and ideas you come up with and it may help you with descriptions for this theme.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
memory = memory remains - metallica good song to draw some quotes from...
also memento is an awesome thing to watch for memory...(its a movie with guy pearce )

w i l l s

yea... i reading this book abt dreams n what they represent .... books n libraries were said 2 b representive of memories! i'm definately using it in my MW .... ^-^ "i can see it now...." lol
n i'll try that drawing exercise!

yea i heard memento was really good .... haven't gotten around 2 seeing it tho >_< ... so many text 2 get through ... heaheaha

thx 4 the responses guys!! ^-^

meisme

Originally posted by AsyLum
memory = memory remains - metallica good song to draw some quotes from...
also memento is an awesome thing to watch for memory...(its a movie with guy pearce )
I agree memento would b perfect, good movie too
The herb related to memory is rosemary, they always wear sprigs of the stuff on anzac day and remembrance day cos as the saying goes 'its a smell that you'll never forget'

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah along those lines, smell is meant to be the most powerful trigger to memory...

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
lmao @ the rememberall

all i have to contribue is a stephen hawking quote at the start of a margret atwood novel:

"why do we remember the past and not the future?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)