Mentoring - IBL (1 Viewer)

Jonathan A

HSC
This is a note to all Introduction to Business Law students.

I have recieved emails in the past few days about the assignment. I understand the pressure here. However, I make the following advice unofficially:

• Mentoring can only be given face-to-face - there are psychological aspects to how it is presented as mentors are specially trained. Hence it cannot be given online or via email.
  • Mentors are strongly advised not assist in assignments - this is technically academic misconduct and as many mentors in this unit are law students, they follow this rule to the letter.
  • Mentoring is not meant to assist with one question - it is an ongoing process. If you leave things to the last minute, the mentors cannot and will not be obliged to assist. We are not here to do you dirty-work. In our endeavours, we help hundreds of students through the unit with many successful results, however it is up to you to put time and effort and attend sessions.

In my two years of mentoring, I am finding students are leaving mentoring till last, not concentrating on studies, then wondering why the unit is difficult and then blaming its structure. The University of Western Sydney spends a lot of money on support services - use them. The lecturer has made extensive announcements on mentoring and, whilst we have a big turnout, people are doing the last minute question-to-the-mentor routine. I am not going to budge if you ask me general statements.

My advice as to this assignment is to be very careful in how you read the question and answer it. Use this website to pass ideas around so long as you don't construct answers, you might be able to ask some questions of clarification on the law.

All the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)