Merit Lists on 17th December? (1 Viewer)

pHyRe

HSC
http://news.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/

"This week also sees the release of the 2013 HSC merit lists, including:

First in Course – students who come first in an HSC course (provided their result is also in the top band).
Top Achievers in Course – students who are in the top places in each course and who have also achieved a top band result.
Distinguished Achievers – students who have received a top band result in one or more HSC courses.
All-round Achievers – students who are distinguished achievers for courses totalling 10 or more units.

All merit lists will be available from the Board’s website from midday on 17 December 2013."

So basically, I can check which courses I got a B6 in a day early on the distinguished achievers list?? nek minut, my names not there... :/

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
That's really weird. Usually it's only the 1st in the state list that is released the day before.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is what they mean and it's just poor wording. Seems stupid to release the distinguished achiever's list a day prior.

pHyRe

HSC
'ALL merit lists.'

guess we can get a sneak peek on tuesday....how nice. :S

RealiseNothing

HSC
'ALL merit lists.'

guess we can get a sneak peek on tuesday....how nice. :S
Yer I guess. I'm just saying maybe it's poor wording. Like "all merit lists will start becoming from the 17th" maybe?

It just doesn't make sense to have all merit lists up on the 17th, though who knows. Wouldn't mind seeing if I got a band 6 or not on Tuesday.

williamdaft

HSC
Wow.. that's scary to see if I got band 6s or not the day before our HSC results are released.. will be so devo not seeing my name :(

But, that's really weird because last year, they released the DA after our results.

Who knows, maybe we can have a sneak peek ..

bangladesh

HSC
dude, you've read it wrong. They only release 1st in the state the day before, everything else is released the day after.

pHyRe

HSC
what did i read wrong? "all merit lists released on 17th december" and just prior to that it even lists them all.

williamdaft

HSC
what did i read wrong? "all merit lists released on 17th december" and just prior to that it even lists them all.
yeah it evidently reads that all merit lists including DA to be released midday 17th

RealiseNothing

HSC
dude, you've read it wrong. They only release 1st in the state the day before, everything else is released the day after.
I feel as if this will be the case just like every other year.

yeah it evidently reads that all merit lists including DA to be released midday 17th
"from midday 17th"

could mean 1st in state on 17th (as usual) then everything else 18th (as usual).

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I feel as if this will be the case just like every other year.

"from midday 17th"

could mean 1st in state on 17th (as usual) then everything else 18th (as usual).
It's poorly worded. But its says 'all' which contradicts 'from'. We will just have to wait and see.

ColdLipstick

HSC

phoenix1

HSC
N/A
If it's true, then that means that there's less than 2 days left!

RealiseNothing

HSC
I can understand that feeling since it's quite odd to change suddenly.

However when looking at last years:
http://news.boardofstudies.nsw.edu....SC-results-and-merit-lists-released-Wednesday

it indicated that ALL will available on the day marks are received so it must be a change this year.
Well in that case... let's just wait until Tuesday and see. I still feel a tad sceptical since releasing the DA list before they release results seems stupid, but I guess there is a good chance they have changed it for this year after seeing that.

Lina3

HSC
God dammit, ATAR wasn't even on my mind before I started browsing this forum again XD Now I'm really nervous!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)