• Havent heard it, but im planning on checking it out

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Hate it

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
What do you guys think about metallicas new album, personally its one of my favourite metallica albums of all time, definetly in my top 4 or 5. All the songs are fantastic.

neafoo

HSC
Broken beat and scarred, the judas kiss and all nightmare long i like. i also like the unforgiven III.

I find kirk's solos on this album to be fairly bland though.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
After listening to all of it on YouTube, I'm loving All Nightmare Long, The Judas Kiss, The Unforgiven III, The Day That Never Comes and Suicide & Redemption. Everything else is good, but I'm not big on My Apocalypse. However, given that Universal didn't actually give the copies of the album to the couriers that were supposed to distribute them to my town, I cn only conclude that it is staffed exclusively by monkeys.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
The album cover looks like some kinda metal vagina.

The songs are pretty cool though, digging mostly the first half of the album, not digging some of the intros and some of the riffs seem a bit forced (kinda as if they're trying to throw all their ideas out there in a disjointed mess rather than taking 2 or 3 really good ones and developing those). the sound is a bit of a rough mix at the moment too.

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
Yeh I like it, alot of people are saying that it sounds more 'old school', i get a bit of And... Justice For All feel from it. I think Kirk is progressing, laughs, though he seems to live on top of his wah pedal lately..

jdevlin

annoyingly calm
HSC
Epistemophobia said:
Yeh I like it, alot of people are saying that it sounds more 'old school', i get a bit of And... Justice For All feel from it. I think Kirk is progressing, laughs, though he seems to live on top of his wah pedal lately..
I'm sorry... have you listened to any other Metallica? Kirk has ALWAYS lived on top of his wah pedal.

I thought it was ok... it hasn't tickled any really good spots or pushed many buttons... but my suspicions are it's one of those albums that will grow on me... alot.

However, one thing that made me very happy is that they FINALLY stopped using Bob Rock!!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Not as bad as St. Anger, but not much better.

LOVE IS A FOUR LETTER WORD.

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
jdevlin said:
I'm sorry... have you listened to any other Metallica? Kirk has ALWAYS lived on top of his wah pedal.

I thought it was ok... it hasn't tickled any really good spots or pushed many buttons... but my suspicions are it's one of those albums that will grow on me... alot.

However, one thing that made me very happy is that they FINALLY stopped using Bob Rock!!!

Laughs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)