MGMT1001 Final Exam Topics (1 Viewer)

smik11

HSC
Hey,

Can anyone who went to the last mgmt1001 tell me the ten topics the lecturer said may be in the exam.

Thanks.

smik11

HSC
Nope he doesnt. He didnt put it in the lecture slides and told people who went to the lecture to take a picture of the topics or something.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
don't you get a case study? he uploads the topics then as well

if not then tough luck D=

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Apparently he was kidding about taking a picture and said he'd be uploading them anyway - heard from a friend.

Same thing happened to us last sem too lol

thepatientfrog

HSC
Just in case they are:

Topic 2: Mintzberg’s 10 Managerial Roles

Topic 4: The Big Five Model

Topic 4: Job Characteristics Model

Topic 5: Seven Components of the Communication Process

Topic 6: Peterson and Harvey (2009) Conflict Classification

Topic 7: Kilmann-Thomas Conflict Resolution

Topic 7: Sources of Power (Formal Power and Personal Power)

Topic 8: Hersey and Blanchard’s Situational Leadership

Topic 8: Fielders Contingency Leadership Model

Topic 10: GLOBE (Global Leadership and Organizational Behaviour Effectiveness)

Jashua_Long

Banned
HSC
N/A
Studying for the MGMT1001 final exam won't really help you much. It's a terrible course. It's the one course where all the smart people get shit marks, and the bludger dumbass arts students get high marks.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
remember to study the course notes too lol
I got screwed over because I didn't hah

smik11

HSC
yeah i the course is stupid and useless. i just have 5 written pages of notes on those topics and gonna make up shit around it. wont study for it til day before, after finance.

thepatientfrog

HSC
Studying for the MGMT1001 final exam won't really help you much. It's a terrible course. It's the one course where all the smart people get shit marks, and the bludger dumbass arts students get high marks.
I agree with this so much, it's such a stupid course. So many marks in the essay and report just for correct referencing and formatting.

Unlimited

HSC
I agree with this so much, it's such a stupid course. So many marks in the essay and report just for correct referencing and formatting.
And if you can't do correct referencing and formatting - then your loss.

Sounds like a gimme for marks, personally.

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
...maybe that's because they're used to reading crap abstract journal articles and writing pretty good essays?

I'm not saying that you're wrong. I'm just saying that you should change your wording a bit or go slightly deeper in depth with the issue. MGMT1001 is, indeed, the one course where Arts students (aka, the "dumbass" students) tend to get higher marks than students taking Engineering or Medicine or something like that (aka, the "smart students").

But have you ever considered that the reason for that may just be that MGMT1001 is exactly like an Arts course? You have to read crap abstract journal articles and write essays on theories or that use theories to help explain your point. That's all that Arts students do, and most of them are fairly good at it, so it's no wonder that they get the higher marks in MGMT1001.

And then you look at the Commerce or Engineering or Medicine students and you look at what they study and what type of assignments they do, and you realize, "Ah, no wonder quite a few of them do poorly in MGMT1001." A friend of mine, third year Medicine student, basically proved that to me when she said that none of her assessments in any of her Medicine courses ever had her list more than 10 references. Arts students taking first year courses have to write essays that include at least 15 references if they want a decent grade.

Another friend of mine also proved this to me when she talked about one of her experiences dealing with a Commerce student taking Marketing. She said that the student got good marks in subjects like Accounting and Finance, but when it came to Marketing, where she actually had to write reports, she got crap marks. Why? Because she couldn't even write a paragraph on the hardware specifications of an iPhone 4. *headdesk*

Now, obviously, that particular person is at the extreme end of the spectrum, but even lecturers in Economics classes tend to warn Engineering students not to write just one or two sentences when answering questions. If that doesn't prove my point, nothing will. (And of course, there are always, always exceptions.)

PS: I'm saying this as a Commerce/Arts student.

PSS: Writing this long ass post because I'm procrastinating from writing my International Relations essay.

PSSS: Those formatting and referencing marks are easy marks to get. But kaz1 is right when he said that they mark like a lottery. They're always taking away one or two points from my formatting and referencing marks for no damn reason. I tried to ask why I got a mark or two taken off, and they were just like, "Huh, I dunno." Fuck that, give me my marks.

Last edited:

Villa94

HSC
Hey,

Does anyone know what we have to do with the case study we've been given in the exam? Like do we just simply apply 4 of those 10 topics to it? Or will there be an actual question we have to answer??

Dont really get that part

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)