Micahel Faraday (1 Viewer)

allstarr69

the dot point is - "outline Michael Faraday's discovery of the generation of an electric current by a moving magnet"

whats the minimum we need to know for this? the jacaranda book talks about all his experiments and it is very lengthy...

fush

HSC
just talk about the ring experiment he did and the fact that moving a magnet in and out of a coil created a current detected in a galvanometer

nit

HSC
I'm not sure the ring experiment is required. What's more important is to go into a bit of detail about the magnet and air-cored solenoid coil Faraday used (as far as we're concerned). I.e an analysis of the effect of speed, magnet direction, strength (similar to the prac), as well as some sort of understanding of what is going on in relation to Faraday's law of electromagnetic induction and Lenz's law.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
The ring was due to a changing magnetic field which has the same effect but isnt a moving magnet. Just talk about how it deflected a galvonameter in a closed circuit.

JayWalker

HSC
Xayma said:
The ring was due to a changing magnetic field which has the same effect but isnt a moving magnet. Just talk about how it deflected a galvonameter in a closed circuit.
Yeah thats the one.. and I think you need to know what factors affect the ammount of generated current.. [speed, magnetic strength, number of turns].

superbird

HSC
i believe this was tested in last year's hsc exam. know it but i doubt it would come up again in this year's exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)