michael moore (1 Viewer)

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Who here used to watch the Awful Truth? Also who has seen Bowling for Columbine? What do you think of it? And for those of you who have read Stupid White Men, what do you think of that.

I personally only saw the Awful Truth and though it was really good. Mike Moore is a good kid. His heart is in the right place. I especially enjoyed how he got the Ficus plant to run for parliament. That was preety funny. The Crime Figting Chicken was preety cool too.

schwang_thang

yeah the awful truth was a mad show, i havent seen it in ages n ages tho...actually i dont think they show them episodes nemore :confused: but that show really used 2 make u think

ive been meaning 2 watch bowling 4 columbine, esp. cos the reviews have been so gud but i havent gotten around 2 seeing it yet...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
The Awful Truth was a great show. The Ficus tree episode was very funny. His new stuff sounds good, although I havn't read/seen it yet ...

lappang

Dunaferr NK soon FCK
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by marsenal
Who here used to watch the Awful Truth? Also who has seen Bowling for Columbine? What do you think of it? And for those of you who have read Stupid White Men, what do you think of that.

I personally only saw the Awful Truth and though it was really good. Mike Moore is a good kid. His heart is in the right place. I especially enjoyed how he got the Ficus plant to run for parliament. That was preety funny. The Crime Figting Chicken was preety cool too.
Yeah i loved the Awful Truth in my opinion it was one of the best prog. on television!!!!! Go SBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bowling for Columbine was awesome, the Movie Show on SBS gave it fab. reviews and it was worth every minute!!

Sarah J

HSC
Love Michael Moore. Loved the Awful Truth. I thought it was so funny, and yet was so true. I liked the ep where he had those throat cancer victims sing carols to the tobacco companies :D

I finished reading Stupid White Men and thought it was hillarious.

Haven't seen Columbine yet, but I'm going to.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i like his stuff, but i'm a bit suspicious. all this success could turn him into a greedy capitalist pig :p.

HSC
Michael Moore is a pretty damn fonny guy.

I used to be a fan of the Awful Truth, too bad they aren't playing it anymore...

Bowling Columbine was hilarious, especially that cartoon in the middle and the interivew with Charlton Heston.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I loved the Awful Truth, and am currently reading 'Stupid White Men'-which is also turning out to be a great read.:)
I haven't seen Bowling for Columbine yet, but I'd like to.

1 more

fructis
HSC
I absolutely loved Bowling for Columbine, but there were some bits i wasnt so sure about.

I had seen some bits of The Awful Truth, but not much else. Im quite interested now though.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
ive seen the show, read the book and seen the movie and they are all pure brilliance..

michael moore is a genius and for those that like the movie, the book is even better

SaveFerris

Never got to see The Awful Truth and haven't been along to Bowling For Columbine yet, but read Stupid White Men and loved it...then again, I suppose I'm slightly biased in the way that I view George Bush in much the same light that Michael Moore does...although you have to take everything that you read with a grain of salt (for every statistic that proves something, there's one that disproves it, etc.) MM obviously did his research for the book and that was enough for me

1 more

fructis
HSC
did anybody see that bit he did with hitler and the swiss banks? that was super

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
i saw for bowling for columbine, its pretty good..

although there are sad bits in it too.........

B

Bambul

Originally posted by 1 more
did anybody see that bit he did with hitler and the swiss banks? that was super
I loved that - "Hello, I would like to make a withdrawl, my name is Adolf Hitler. I opened the account in 1942."

freedom

love michael moore

saw several episodes of the awful truth
read stupid white men
and saw Bowling for Columbine ---nominated for those stupid things called oscars- yeah them. Best Documentary category....

great man of conscience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)