Michael Ondaatje - In the skin of a lion (1 Viewer)

Miaka

Hi people, just wondering if anyone knows where i can get notes on Ondaatje's work. thanks heaps

M-THIS

hello,

yeah i am new to this, hopefully i am doing it right!

but yeah i echo what MIAKA says, 'in the skin of a lion' is hard stuff! anybody know where to get good quality note???

Thanks guyz!
M-THIS

Supaneo

We should probably share our notes to benefit all...

I need notes on caravaggio... im doing an audio discussion and need responses towards his character.

Any help?

rinniez

HSC
it is the hardest text i have ever had to deal with.......
currently doing a speech on the motif: moths !!!! IMPOSSIBLE !

anonymous199999

HSC
Hey i have the exact same speech as you. Motif: moths or other insects
Did you end up finding any notes???

lilacsandlolita

HSC
yea i have a speech on light and dark and im finding it difficult to relate all the diferent instances where light and dark occur... some notes would help:)

hows it goin squirt

HSC
N/A
For those guys doing motifs - it's been a while, but I distinctly remember that there were a hell of a lot of metaphors used in the book. Additionally, there is a lot of reference to art (paintings, film) in the book... think about the 'constructed' nature of the book + lyrical prose, and you've got what's technically a freakin' piece of art. Think about the fact that art is again, a metaphor, and voila...!

Sorry I can't help with the light and dark, I can't remember that far :( Is it a literal referrance to light and dark? (ie all the meaningful stuff happens at night, only highlighted by the daytime/dramatic events?)

willowinchester

HSC
Our teacher throught 'In the skin of a lion' at us a month ago and told us to learn it all ourselves!!!!!!! now we have a test in three days and i have only read the book twice!!! Im screwed. :bomb:

If you wanna trade notes on the book im more then happy to :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)