• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

MICR3081 bacteria and disease course outline (1 Viewer)

J

juvekickass

hey does anyone have the course outline for MICR3081 Bacteria and Disease? its so elusive i cant find that little mofo anywhere...

Fank Q!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I have the course outline but it's in hardcopy.

If you can be more specific, I know the course very well so I can tell you a bit more.

J

juvekickass

1. Weightings for all the assessments
2. Approx time (in terms of weeks of uni) of each of the assessments (e.g. week 5, week 6, etc)
3. Information about each of the assessments (e.g. what this assessment is about, what i have to research, etc)

Thanks! ^^

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
From my observation of the course over the past few years, the assessments in this course tend to change each year, it is very difficult to tell you exactly the weighting of each assessment.

The Final Exam is almost always worth 40%.
There will be a mid-session exam (10-12.5%). - Week 7 or 8.
A take-home exam-style essay (10-12.5%). Week 7 or 8.
Presentation/debat (due in the last 3 weeks of the session depending which time slot you were given) - 15%
Take home tests/in class tests (2-3 tests) for the Student Diagnostic Unit (10-15%) - during mid-session break (yes you will have to come in duing mid-session for the prac)
Practical Exam on Student Diagnostic Unit materials (15%) - following mid-session break

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
The Student Diagnostic Unit (SDU) is a 4-day event ran over the mid-session break. It stimulates what usually goes on in a diagnostic hospital. You will be given urine samples, faecal samples, blood, wound swabs etc from patients and you become a hospital scientist and help diagnose the infection, first using culture techniques to isolate the causative bacterial agent and then subsequently identifying it using biochemical tests.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)