Microeconomic reform confusion (1 Viewer)

woodentoy

HSC
I understand that microeconomic reform, essentially, is a government policy instrument used to encourage structural change in the economy and thereby promote efficiency. My problem is, what exactly constitutes economic reform? If asked in the HSC to cite examples of micro reform, does this encompass decentralisation, deregulation, competition policy and prices and income policies? Are these all means of micro reform? It confuses me that the syllabus separates them.

williamc

HSC
woodentoy said:
I understand that microeconomic reform, essentially, is a government policy instrument used to encourage structural change in the economy and thereby promote efficiency. My problem is, what exactly constitutes economic reform? If asked in the HSC to cite examples of micro reform, does this encompass decentralisation, deregulation, competition policy and prices and income policies? Are these all means of micro reform? It confuses me that the syllabus separates them.
f da syllabus manga what u said is right. go with instinct in this subject.

Last edited:

blakegman

HSC
N/A
they are all examples of microeconomic reform. though decentralisation is generally an aspect of labour market reform, which is a micro reform.

the syllabus for topic 4 is fucked, some of the dot points are irrelevant since workchoices

bikapika

HSC
you cant say the some dot points are irrelevant since we can get greater insight about our economy through studying about the past. Plus economics changes every year, the syllabus can only provide you with some foundamental theory.

for price and income policies, it used to be a macroeconomic policy [i.e."accord"] and now its a microeconomic policy.

HSC
N/A
回复: Re: Microeconomic reform confusion

lol...... read newspapers, you might get some ideas from those papers......
try to refer to more recent stats and examples of micro reforms......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)