Microsoft Technical Interview Questions (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Yes the guys at MS are quite quite intelligent enough to screw your brain over, but if you program alot then things get easier. I for one wouldnt be able to answer one lol.

sunny

meh.
HSC
I like those C questions! Linked lists were a major part of the unsw higher comp class. We did that sort of thing for labs every week.

Funky, maybe I can apply for an interview :rolleyes:

-X-

HSC
N/A
LOL! They're darn hard! But i still prefer those over "What are your weaknesses?" - if i get that asked next week, im screwed. :D

Winston

HSC
Actually the interviews ranges, i don't know about you but that interview is probably applying for a different position, i knew of some dude who applied for MS and his interview consisted of a few phases, a guy who's quite an expert at hardware had tested him on his hardware knowledge, another one tested his problem solving knowledge then the other tested on his methods of approach, but theoretically u dont have to be some whiz programmer to work at MS, this guy only knows a bit of VB and C#, makes abot 50 grand or so US but this is early pay as a bloody technical internal tester, can u believe that, he works in the windows media division testing all these digital media technologies and gets paid :p.

-X-

HSC
N/A
That person doesn't deserve to live! :p

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
But damn... question 4 is easy... if I knew C then I think I could answer 3...

And I agree with -X- Winston, that person's life is too easy =\

Winston

HSC
But his life is just the start i mean he wanted to go into that position to be a tester first then he'll soon gain more experience and eventually work his way up.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The world doesn't work like that any more. Firms are moving away from the "corporate ladder" towards the practice of hiring people with degrees and experience, disregarding where this experience was gained. By the time we're in the workforce "promotion" will be a dead goal, as we'll be constantly updating our CVs in the hope of applying for a better position at some other company.

Funny how the world always turns into Dilbert.

-X-

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
ru going in for a "maca's" interview? :D
lol nah some electronics company that assembles parts from oversease manufuctures (toshiba, alcatel etc...). This monday is the interview wish me luck. :D

Agent Z

HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
The world doesn't work like that any more. Firms are moving away from the "corporate ladder" towards the practice of hiring people with degrees and experience, disregarding where this experience was gained. By the time we're in the workforce "promotion" will be a dead goal, as we'll be constantly updating our CVs in the hope of applying for a better position at some other company.

Funny how the world always turns into Dilbert.

well employers dont always hire people with degrees and expereince. I mean you could be the best qualified person out there with the most experience but if you had really bad communication skills, are they likely to hire you?

My dad owns a medical center and before hiring any of his receptionists he gives them those personality test things, you know the ones im talking about, the ones where they give you 2 words and you have to pick which one you like the most...and crap like that. He also always checks the references given, and thats for a receptionist position which is an unskilled job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)