• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Might have failed contracts exam... (1 Viewer)

sstr

HSC
Hi,

I haven't received my exam results yet, but I am concerned that there is a very real possibility that I have failed my exam for contract law and, consequently, failed the course. I just had a really bad exam - panicked, wasn't able to think straight... On top of that, I think I can say in hindsight that I failed to adequately prepare, in that I simply did not have enough practice in applying the law to exam-type problems, and I completely accept that this is entirely my fault.

My question is, assuming I have failed contracts, what impact will this have on applying for clerkships/grad positions towards the end of my degree? My grades have all been quite good until now (averaged around 75 in law in first semester and expecting another 75ish on my other law subject this semester). I wouldn't be so concerned if this were a "less important" subject like torts, but contracts just seems so crucial to many of the later year subjects that I fear failing it may be a major blow to my prospects.

The really frustrating thing here is that I did quite well on the class participation (70%) and take-home assignment (80%) parts of the course and in the end one lousy exam may have ruined it for me. :\

stell_r

HSC
It's all about how you spin it, and what you do next. If you take responsibility (like you seem to be), and say 'I screwed up' but are able to show you learnt from it and go back to getting good marks, then I really don't think it will be fatal. If you did fail (you might not have!) just take the course again and make sure you ace it. If when it comes to clerkship applications its just an aberration, you explain it and use it as an example of how you learn from mistakes and deal with set backs. Don't panic, it's not the end of the world.!

LA88

HSC
Wait until you receive your results before panicking.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Wait until you receive your results before panicking.
Word. I'm in a similar boat as well. D averaging my law subjects, but kind of concerned with my Contracts final. 2 hours was simply not enough, but yeah, I'll know what happened during the middle of this week. I also got similar marks for CP and mid-semester assignment. Don't lose hope until you know for sure.

sstr

HSC
Turns out I got 68 in contracts :p

My god that's a relief... didn't do as well as I had hoped in my other subjects but overall I'm satisfied - still got my D average...

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Turns out I got 68 in contracts :p

My god that's a relief... didn't do as well as I had hoped in my other subjects but overall I'm satisfied - still got my D average...
Well done ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)