Mining (1 Viewer)

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
How much mechatronics do you think you remember after 15 years? Be better of doing a degree later on if that is your goal...Again, I am not trying to dissuade you...Go for the double degree, just for the right reasons.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Hey, they were on the news. Of course you don't like dieing, but there's a slight chance that you will. I know that some places pay for your food and accomodation for you.

ioniser

HSC
ummmmmmmmm mining engineer is actually pretty safe,your job as the engineer can be done in various parts of a mine

example
-at the desk designing the whole mine,also you ll be bascially chief instructor and give instructors to miners as to how safe it is to dig certain spots and solving problems ,miners encounter struggling to mine specific spots(the safest option)
-in the actual mine giving directions as to where you want to dig where to pose up pillars
-working with geologists to calculate how economical it is to mine specific areas

as you can see pretty much your decisions decide the fate of a mine and the miners,moreover you have a very demanding and heavy weighted job on your back(people's lives depend on your decisions)

believe it or not mining engineer is actually one of the safest jobs according to statistics

ioniser

HSC
Curry said:
How much mechatronics do you think you remember after 15 years? Be better of doing a degree later on if that is your goal...Again, I am not trying to dissuade you...Go for the double degree, just for the right reasons.

maybe i exxaagerated a bit 5 to 10 years seems more realistic

Hooah g09

HSC
ok no1 has posted here for a while, but any1 doing combined mining eng/Arts?

bubu

i no someone who did that ages ago and i mean ages ago

he now has a phd in art philosphy or somethin like that and has a masters in mining

he did minin plus a arts philosphy degree and he has onli now at the age of 36 gotten a consultancy job in the city. for ages he was in the middle of nowhere lookin for mines

i mean dun get the point of gettin a phd philosphy degree combined with mining or is that jus a bad choice he made cause hes the reason why i didnt go to mining

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Wait, I don't get your reason for going into mining...

36 is too long to wait? Is that what you mean?

I've ony met person who does Arts/Mining, but she was from UQ. She seemed to enjoy it. I think the arts course is more about doing something you are really like, like history or something. I guess it would also improve your communication skills, and make you more elequent (sic?).

Hooah g09

HSC
Ur right on the money Curry. I am only doing the arts degree cos i am doing german studies which i shall enjoy. I did german at school, went on exchange, and it would seem stupid to discontinue it. oK so no1 does mining eng/arts....Well for any1 doing a mining eng combined degree, I ask you, do you do courses from the non mining degree in the same session as those from the mining degree or not.....And also, for you guys doing combined Mining Eng are you doing the first year just of mining eng degree or doing part of the other degree as well?

Why cant uni be as simple as school.........bah

Numero Uno

HSC
Well im doing a combined mining degree
and my first year is all engineering
then every semester after the first year it interchanges between the mining course and my other degree.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Hooah g09 said:
Ur right on the money Curry. I am only doing the arts degree cos i am doing german studies which i shall enjoy. I did german at school, went on exchange, and it would seem stupid to discontinue it. oK so no1 does mining eng/arts....Well for any1 doing a mining eng combined degree, I ask you, do you do courses from the non mining degree in the same session as those from the mining degree or not.....And also, for you guys doing combined Mining Eng are you doing the first year just of mining eng degree or doing part of the other degree as well?

Why cant uni be as simple as school.........bah
Can you ascess WebCT yet? You should be able to ask on the Mining forums on there if you have ascess to it. You can get all the answers in a week or so once you are enrolled in the courses, thoguht check out:

http://webct.edtec.unsw.edu.au/webct/public/home.pl

And see if you can login using your Student No. and Passwd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)