Mirrors in Change rooms (1 Viewer)

nataliie

HSC
bubz :D said:
gotta love myer's change rooms. the lingerie ones in burwood have a bed ;)
LOL ... i think the bed is for disabled people ;)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I can assure you putting cameras inside a changerooms cubicle is very much against the law.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Darkening said:
I hope u kno im a dude :| lol
yessssssssss

i wasnt talking about youuuuuuuuuu

the camera idea is dodgy. Possibly why they dont have them

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Mirrors in changerooms generally annoy me. They're too small as is, and while getting changed I routinely bang my elbows, shoulders, forehead, and whatever else, against the walls (Depending of course on how tiny the changeroom is). Having mirrors on the walls complicates this issue further.

If it's a roomy changeroom though, yeah, I dig them.
Why would it complicate the issue? They're less than 1 cm thick, and would make the changeroom appear larger.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Why would it complicate the issue? They're less than 1 cm thick, and would make the changeroom appear larger.
the risk of breaking the change-room mirror! the curse!!!!

7 years of bad shopping :(

i couldnt deal with that

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I refuse to shop anywhere that doesn't have a mirror in the changeroom. I mean, yeah, by looking down I can see if something is completely hideous, but its the more grey region of "well, I thiiiiink it might look ok, but I'm not really sure" that worries me.

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
I was referring to the fact that I already find them far too small generally, and that having breakables in there with me doesn't really make it any easier.

MouNtY

i went shopping a couple of weeks ago for some jeans and a shirt, and this attendant lady, or whatever the hell you call them kept walking into the room while i was trying to get changed, the store wasn't very busy, but it was really friggin annoying, it didn't really bother me in that "omg she's gonna see me nude" kinda way, cause i don't really give a shit about that, but she just kept doin it.

she prolly wanted to do me in the changing rooms, she was hot, but i'm taken.
farrrrrrrrr wat i gotta be an honest guy for.

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
i think that changerooms w/o mirrors are indeed annoying, but my worse experience was when i popped into supre, and tried on sth that i thought was my size (surprise surprise..i didnt know how outrageous their sizing system was).. so i popped on a boob tube i think (with the doors closed) and looked into the mirror which was inside the changeroom, but.. the stupid sales assistant was jumping up and down outside my door squealing "how is it how is it??" my god she was such a bimBO!!
i ran out of the store asap..my gosh. they need proper training!!

miss_m

HSC
The worst ones i've ever experienced was Sandy Bay in Penrith. The doors were made from wooden slats and it was really freaky being able to see out of them, plus they had no mirrors too.
The ones in Jeans West are really good in some of the stores too. Nice and spacious, mirrors that you can move and a seat. I buy so much stuff from there and Myer all b/c of the nice change rooms.

G

Gavvvvvin

I hate changerooms wear the door only like comes up to your neck and people can see you in there :eek:

Monz

HSC
Oh this fustrates me big time when there are no mirrors...like in kookai, i can't wear a bra with a lot of their stuff cause straps and all that shit show, and then when it's too big but i still want to style i have to wander out holding my top up...it pisses me off...do they not use common sense when designing changerooms???? Oh and i'm not too fond of curtains as doors either on changerooms, the best changerooms are always Myers or DJ's...they are awesome.

Skeeta

HSC
my god that is my pet hate... curtains are not doors.. they should learn that!

miss_m, i totally agree with u about Sandy Bay (although i havent been in the new one) Why they would even bother selling bikinis in that store amazes me. On so many occasions i've seen nice bikini's there, tried them on - think they look good..ish and then realised if i really want to check it out i have to get the courage to walk out into the shop... then put it back on the hanger and leave

i just dont understand... bikini and lingerie shops should have the ultimate fitting rooms, however they seem to be really shite. No-one wants to be seen at the beach with an i'll fitting bikini with no bikini wax, no tan and unsightly bulges (caused by the cozzie of course) WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO IN A SHOPPING CENTRE!!

/end rant

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i hate change rooms. HATE THEM. they're just annoying. i always walk in to the store feeling reasonably attractive/not hideous, and then as soon as i enter the changeroom suddenly all the stuff i dont like about my body gets highlighted. especially with the awful lighting a lot of change rooms have that seems to seize on small, usually unnoticeable things (like a bit of hair frizz or a pimple) and magnifies it x100. gah. and yes, curtains are NOT doors!!!! ok on friday i was in big w trying on a bra. and there were these little 4 year old kids running in and out who kept yanking the curtain open while i was trying to adjust the bra. it was so infuriating....then when i finally lost it after the 5th time and told them off the mother appeared and started yelling at me about abusing her kids (by the way all i said was 'stop it' ). never, ever want to go back there again. /end rant.

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Ha...they need to do more marketing psychology!!!...LOL...Couldn't resist that...I personally don't mind whether there's a mirror in the changerooms (I just mind the fact that I'll have to take my tops/bottoms off before I try the things on: soooo annoying, so I wear loose clothing etc)...Maybe it's cos I'm a size 8 and I generally know what I want and what looks good on me. In HARTS, I just pull on a dress and if I know it's too long and there aren't any heels available, then I don't get out of the changeroom to check myself...(Sometimes when I know what I have in my hand is what I want, I don't even try it on. I trust my judgement and it's never been wrong...) LOL at times I try not to be out there for too long if I know it looks good on me...but I do love the mirrors in MYER anyhow!!! (If I sound a little bitchy today, sry!!!)

Last edited:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
mmm yeah, i hate it when they have curtains instead of doors, mainly because you can NEVER pull them to cover the whole thing. it's even worse when the curtains are heavy and three metres high.

also, some change rooms have AWFUL lighting - the miss shop level in the city myer, for example - it accentuates all the dark circles under your eyes and every bit of your cellulite! haha i hate it.

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
mmm yeah, i hate it when they have curtains instead of doors, mainly because you can NEVER pull them to cover the whole thing. it's even worse when the curtains are heavy and three metres high.

also, some change rooms have AWFUL lighting - the miss shop level in the city myer, for example - it accentuates all the dark circles under your eyes and every bit of your cellulite! haha i hate it.

omg ditto i completely understand about the miss shop ... but ive come to the conclusion he best change rooms would have to be alannaha hill in bondi junction ... they are so cute and comfy and tehy have a decent sized mirro and chairs and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i love it

Undertoad

HSC
I don't like change rooms with the really short doors so that an average height guy can walk past and stick their heads over. It happens a lot and i will not try on anything in those change rooms anymore!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
haha what i hate are change rooms with skinny mirrors... ie you get home and the stuff you bought doesn't look QUITE as good as it did in that shop :p

it's happened a couple of times :(

but yes, die shops with mirrorless change rooms!! especially when they also have overly enthusiastic shop assistants guarding your cubicle like a hawk and fawning over you when step out to face the music... "oh darling that looks fabulous yada yada yada"

gotta love myer's change rooms. the lingerie ones in burwood have a bed ;)
haha i wonder how often it gets used. Hey Bubz, wanna go "shopping" in burwood?

Last edited:

0Jade0

HSC
Argh I totally agree about the curtains. The ones at Bardot in Bondi are massive and never close all the way. They are like the cutains in the cinema.
In Shady Haze at Miranda they had little surfboard shaped doors so you had to face the side so not show your arse to the people in the shop.

I never try on clothes at shops without mirrors inside the change rooms. Everything that you try on looks 'gorgeous'. Also I don't appreciate sales assistants knocking at the door telling me to come out so I can show them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)