Misadventure - Family Reasons... (1 Viewer)

atschamp

HSC
N/A
Hello..

with 3 exams left... (Software Design and Development, Ipt and Religion) my dad went to sydney to have a check done on his heart and he rang me tonight and told me he has to have 3 bypasses... which has me kinda concerned... is there any misadventure i can apply for .. because i just cant sit down and study now and in the exam it will be all i can think of.

Skeeta

HSC
im really not sure.. i think misadventure only counts if you dont sit the exam.. but i dunno maybe u can get special provisions for that...

you should call your school as soon as you can and speak to either the principal, year advisor or maybe the presiding officer

im sorry to hear about your father
all the best

JayWalker

HSC
That must be hard :(
Fortunately, I do have an answer,
If you make this clear to your examiners before you sit the exam - [a medical note would help] - they note this down and it is taken into consideration...
Its the same if your sick, if you say your sick and you look like you are sick during the exam, and provide a med cert, then they note it and take it into consideration during marking i believe

Whitlamsfan

I had a similar problem (Dad had a quadruple heart Bipass during my Indo speaking period the weeks leading up to it/also got hit by a car the same day MY POOR MOTHER!).

I sat the exam and still applied for misadventure. As my Indo teacher said "Try and sit the exam I understand it's hard and apply for MA the very nextday."

Oh and good luck in software I myself am freaking out about it.

olay

HSC
:S sorry to hear about that. while you are able to apply for misadventure, i think it's best to give your school a heads up on it first thing in the morning. best wishes.

Stephagain

HSC
Skeeta said:
im really not sure.. i think misadventure only counts if you dont sit the exam.. but i dunno maybe u can get special provisions for that...

you should call your school as soon as you can and speak to either the principal, year advisor or maybe the presiding officer

im sorry to hear about your father
all the best
WRONG Im getting misadventure 4 english because a close freiend killed herself i still sat for the paper the superiors watch you and write down how u respond - i know a girl who got misadventure last year because her dog died...trust me you'll get it if you want it. They arent completely heartless

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)