missed out on first preference (1 Viewer)

maxpower

i missed out on my first pref by 0.75 marks!
is there anything i can do, appart from just wait for the later offers and see if maybe ill get accepted into the course i want then?
this happen to anyone else?

Fobbah

HSC
hah, i feel for ya, missed out first preference by .35, still reasonably happy with what i'm ending up in though i guess.. i think all you can really do is wait till next round if you're close, provided there's vacancies. anybody got any idea if/how far uai cutoffs tend to drop for second round for courses with vacancies? ie, is a drop of 0.35 typical or tiny changes like 0.05 more realistic

swiftwind

HSC
I didn't get into any of my courses either! :( Looks like I'll be going to tafe. Thank GOD I applied for tafe and got in!

smallcattle

HSC
Fobbah said:
hah, i feel for ya, missed out first preference by .35, still reasonably happy with what i'm ending up in though i guess.. i think all you can really do is wait till next round if you're close, provided there's vacancies. anybody got any idea if/how far uai cutoffs tend to drop for second round for courses with vacancies? ie, is a drop of 0.35 typical or tiny changes like 0.05 more realistic
cutoff in later rounds normally go up..

stazed

HSC
N/A
White Rabbit said:
Why is that? I noticed the cut offs rise in late round, but why is it?
I am guessing it could be because people change their preferences after getting into their say, 2nd preference. They then put their 3rd preference as their first preference, in the hope that they can have two offers and then make a choice.

So basically, people are trying to get lots of offers. More applicants usually means there will be a higher entry level.

Just a thought :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)