Missed two tutorials for CHEM1101 (1 Viewer)

Sonesful

HSC
Will they fail me? :( I've attended all the labs but yeah... missed 2 tutorials. Is that really bad? I won't be missing any more but I'm just a bit worried.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Have you made up for them by attending other sessions or have legitimate reasons? Different units have a mandatory tutorial attendance rate...

Sonesful

HSC
Have you made up for them by attending other sessions or have legitimate reasons? Different units have a mandatory tutorial attendance rate...
Not really... I just remember my tutor saying one time that they only record attendance for statistics and after that I started becoming less determined to attend. But I just randomly started thinking about it today and the seed of worry and what ifs started to grow.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I don't know if they will fail you or not. Maybe they don't have a compulsory attendance rate. All the best ~

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't recall chem having a compulsory tute attendance, I think it's more for your benefit to go to them.

Just don't miss anymore!

Sonesful

HSC
I don't recall chem having a compulsory tute attendance, I think it's more for your benefit to go to them.

Just don't miss anymore!
I won't :) If you did chem too I'm inclined to trust your judgement :D So if you say so then I shouldn't have anything to worry about.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I agree with LHS, you shouldn't skip out on any practicals or tutorials (unless a situation came up) from now on. :p

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It's okay to miss tutorials but never miss out on your labs. With that said, I highly recommend turning up to ALL tutorials.

Sonesful

HSC
Ok my tutor didn't even show up this week! What happens now? Does this affect my attendance? Omg...

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Ok my tutor didn't even show up this week! What happens now? Does this affect my attendance? Omg...
Just double check whether or not your tutorials or labs have a compulsory attendance rate. Did you get a substitute tutor or did he/she notify you that the particular tutorial class may not run?

Sonesful

HSC
No he just didn't show up, waited for 30 minutes then after that everyone just left. Attendance of tutes doesn't count towards our final grade but it's 'compulsory' I suppose, as in highly recommended that you go. It's a bit irrational but I just keep thinking that because I've missed 2 they can be inclined to fail me :( I'm so paranoid...

Last edited:

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
No he just didn't show up, waited for 30 minutes then after that everyone just left. Attendance of tutes doesn't count towards our final grade but it's 'compulsory' I suppose, as in highly recommended that you go. It's a bit irrational but I just keep thinking that because I've missed 2 they can be inclined to fail me :( I'm so paranoid...
So the unit outline stated that there was a 70-90% compulsory attendance? If so then you can only miss two-three without legitimate reasons. If it says that it has no compulsory attendance and instead says its recommended to go then there are no consequences.

That happened to me once for histology and anatomy. :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)