Missing School.. (1 Viewer)

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
cem said:
See if you can set up a way of emailing your teachers and they you so that they can pass on stuff during the time you are away.

This is what I do for students in Years 11 and/or 12 who are going to be away due to sport or family holidays. Yes at my school we do have parents who take their children away on extended holidays during Year 12, particularly if a relative is getting married back in the 'home country'.

Email can be your friend.

It also means that if you are reading or doing something while you are away and you don't understand it then you can email the teacher and ask a quesion.

I notice that you are doing Ancient History. In that subject you have to do a research project of some sort. See if you can do it on something relevant to England e.g. an archaeological site. In that way you could go to the site and do some on the site research (also make sure you do visit some of the Roman sites there as they will help you understand aspects of Pompeii and Herculaneum e.g. Roman Baths in Bath and some of the forts on Hadrian's Wall - at least one of Chesters (not Chester by the way - although that is a great place in its own right and has its own great Roman ruins but Chesters Fort on the wall) or Housesteads AND Vindolanda. The reason why you must see Vindolanda is that it is privately owned and sections have been 'recreated' which will give you an insight into some of the arguments regarding conservation/preservation/restoration in P&H. The other two I mentioned are owned by the National Trust.

In addition HAVE FUN - this will be a great experience and learning about yourself and another way of life as well.
cem, I sent you a PM in regard to this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)