Missing the ATAR cut-off by 0.05 (1 Viewer)

Elias97

HSC
N/A
Ok, so I aimed at doing commerce at Usyd (which has an ATAR cut off of 95), but ended up getting 94.95. Is it still possible to be given an offer, possibly in the later rounds? or is that not possible given the competitiveness of the course.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
potentially, depending on how many people put comm at USyd as their first preference and how many spots they have decided to open.

Elias97

HSC
N/A
That's what I have heard from other people too, its dependent on the popularity and availability of the course.

But in general terms, is it likely for a course such as Usyd Commerce to accept candidates slightly beneath the ATAR cut-off? Has anyone seen it happen before (or a similarly competitive course/similar atar cut off)? I really want to get in!!

Last edited:

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Far out that would hurt so much being 0.05 off. Good luck, hopefully you have bonus points or the cut off changes :)

D94

HSC
N/A
The cut off hasn't even been determined. You don't know the supply, and you don't know the demand.

Elias97

HSC
N/A
The cut off hasn't even been determined. You don't know the supply, and you don't know the demand.
Yeah, I'm just assuming there would be a high demand considering the university and the course

Also the cut-off has been 95 for the last 3 years, so I was more so wondering if the cut-off were to remain the same, whether I could still earn a placing with my Atar...

Last edited:

photastic

HSC
The only bonus points you can receive for usyd commerce is EAS. Otherwise if we assume the cut off is 95.00 (Hasn't changed for quite some time) which we won't know until after the main rounds, then unfortunately you will not be able to get in unless you received an E12 offer which reduces the cutoff to 85.00.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)