missy higgins (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Fry said:
i first heard her song 'Scar' on The OC promos and loved it ever since.
I was going to say that as well. Now whenever I hear that song I think of The O.C.:D. By the way, I didn't realise she was from Australia:).

bex

HSC
my faves are all for believing and dancing dirt into the snow from the scar ep.. its damn good.. slightly depressing though. i think she has a great raw, non synthetic voice.. i was a bit disapointed with SMH when they put her and delta goodrem in the same sentence, then compared them to holly valance and kylie... that paper does some screwy things sometimes!

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I agree with ya bex...that was disgusting, it really was. Valance, Kyle and Goodrem, they are nowhere near as good as Missy Higgins...not even close.

Missy is just awesome, I haven't seen her live, but after hearing All For Believing I've been following her progress and her music she's putting out is excellent. Her lyrics, in particular are great...especially on 'Casualty' which really hit me as I just got dumped before I bought her new album. 'The Special Two' is probably one of my favourites along with casualty.

Gotta love her...if you don't...you're braindead, impotent or Delta Goodrem.

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
Ive only heard 2 songs, scar and all for believeing but im very impressed, she has a unique voice, she almost has an aussie accent when she sings, its nice, iwanna hear more!

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
The album is beautiful...every song just knocks you out. My boyfriend made me a mix cd and it ended up being half missy, she's so amazing. I love greed for your love and the special two, but her jazzy ones like the cactus that found the beat are awesome!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I just bought the CD and I love every song on it. It's awesome!!! I rarely buy a CD.... and it's even more rare that I buy one where I don't skip any tracks because they are all quality.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
she is really growing on me.... at first "scar" annoyed me but now i don't mind it, and i love ten days and "i'm all for believing".

i saw what she looks like for the first time on saturday, i don't know WHY but i was completely shocked, for soem reason i was expecting her to look like joss stone or something O__o;;

anyway, she sounded awesome last night on the arias.

chepas

HSC
I'm a bit mmmeh.... but she is growing on me. I like how that a lot of Australian performers are keeping a good Aussie accent in their singing still. She reminds me of The Waifs, but a bit more poppy.

Last edited:
HSC
i love her! u can hear her songs at her website - they actually play them all rather than the 1st 30 seconds like they usually do on artist's websites.

shes also playing at homebake on the 4th december

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
missy higgins is at bondi beach TOMORROW, for a free tripleM freq session. 2pm.

olay

HSC
my fave missy song is 'special two' but i adore singing to 'falling'.. it's one of those songs u can always sing from the pits of ur heart.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I think Missy is great, I havn't heard all her stuff but what I've heard I like so far

IAmNotFat

fortunately, in a house and not a gutter. near en
HSC
I didn't give any of my intellectual energy into even thinking about here, with a name like Missy Higgins - I thought she was just some rnb chick, wanna be Jazz or something because Nora Jones was famous now!

Then I heard she was an Unearthed winner, and decided to pay attention....
And after her performance at the ARIAs, holy crap! She's friggen awesome! I was amazed...I'm always up for a good live performance!

lord chumpley

HSC
she's relatively original, and she writes her own songs, and she can actually sing, which is better than any australian idol has ever been.
plus she seems like a decent person

rebooki

HSC
N/A
Missy Higgins = nicest person i have ever seen/met
talked to her after jbt and she was incrediblely nice and so humble
ohhh she deserves all the fame and fortune in the world

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)