Mistake On Question 10! (1 Viewer)

Sourie

The last section in question 10 was a mistake!!!

It was a 4 unit question with relevance to poly quanta expansions and was suppossed to be in the 4 unit paper. If any one could do it they are a genius and must have been sitting the wrong paper!!!!

anyway the rest was piss easy, but shame i spent nearly 30 minutes on that one alone!! Anyway i dont care coz i didnt study and lets just say i had a little extra help from mr 'infrontofme'....hahah no one even had a clue!!

mjor

wasn't it just differentiation and stat points with a heap of x's and b's?

Sourie

YEH...so you do 4unit as well do you!??

man...you area pretender

just becoz we cant see your ugly face doesnt mean you can actually pretend to be a smart person on here!

Sourie

Originally posted by ezza
i heard that question 10 is usually what seperates the less smart students from the smarter students...
well getting it right gives you no more marks than the differentiate x cubed plus 2 piece of shit.....man you are only gona get the same marks so no it doesnt really seperate any students as the marks are not scaled within the tests!!!

any small stuff ups would undo any marks you got from q10!!!

sourie.just cuz u couldn't do em doiesn't mean it 's for genius's only..

it could also mean that ur a dumb arse...

I was able to do them...

for b)1) you make the denominator the same and use quotient rule to differentiate...then you simplify it

b)2) you put b=16 and then x=0 and you will see its f(x) =0 the put x=1 and x=-1 and then see if its lower than f(0)..meaning it has to be maximum.

b)3) similar to above..but use b=6(can't rememebr) then put x= -1 and x=1 and compare it with f(x)...its a minimum pt

Milly

Yeah, I could do it too...

By all the inflammatory comments, why am I getting the sneaking suspicion that Sourie = Sourav? Or is it just a crazy conspiracy theory...

AlexZ

For b)3) there were three points, well atleast that's what I got

x= 0 (damn, automatically presumed it was max, should have checked :( )
x= + root 60
x= - root 60

These last two were maximums from my quick analysis although I could be wrong.

Sourie

Originally posted by Milly
Yeah, I could do it too...

By all the inflammatory comments, why am I getting the sneaking suspicion that Sourie = Sourav? Or is it just a crazy conspiracy theory...
you moron of course its me....i had to change my user name again becoz i bloody wouldnt let me write any posts.....the damn site was always down when i tried to navigate aroud the forums aswell!!

someone fix this crap trap up~!!!!

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
i rekon it was pretty easy

are u sure those are the answers??

i hope they are, cos i wrote stuff down but i wasnt sure if it was the right answer....
bleh didnt get enuff time to check me answers, spent all my time on q10,,, but i reckon compared to 2001 and 2000 paper, q10 was a lot simpler,

so yeh all up was a good paper :)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~
i rekon it was pretty easy
so yeh all up was a good paper :)
i want to punch you.

actually it was all pretty ok :) except for 10b) :mad1: ... i may get 3 marks there if i'm lucky. if it is a 4u question, then with any luck they won't count it. can anyone except sourie confirm/deny this? perhaps an admin?

also, a question to people who don't do 3u:

how did you do the first "pizza" question in 10a) without using circle geometry (i.e. a radius perpendicular to a chord bisects the chord) to get the side length = 10 :confused:

---edit--- arr all dem database errors stuffed up my post... fixed now :chainsaw:

Last edited:

enzi`

how can u say q 10 a was simpler than 2000, 2001!?!!??!?

those previous ones were a breeze, but this one i couldn't even comprehend because too much algebra...

te rest of the paper was nice...

smithy

yeah the second part of q 10 was just mean- but i think the mistake i made was that i didn't simplify first then use the quotient rule- i might get a couple of marks out of it.

The first part of q 10 was pretty easy once you notice that the triangle is isoceles- because the triangle with base side 20 is the base side of an isoceles triangle, you dont have to know any circle geometry.
i sat there for about 5 minutes just working out how to do it.

Sourie

man you are all morons!!.........10 part a was simple trig functions using the nth root as the base!! part b as i said cannot be done without conic parameters knowledge or knowledge of differential equations with relation to fucken velocity!!!

goddam....we'll see what happens when you idiots get your reslts and wonder why your viewing the question as an easy one was your downfall!!

Porphyria_J

Originally posted by saladsugery

i how did you do the first "pizza" question in 10a) without using circle geometry (i.e. a radius perpendicular to a chord bisects the chord) to get the side length = 10 :confused:

---edit--- arr all dem database errors stuffed up my post... fixed now :chainsaw:
well..i do 3 u but nethertheless i think you could do it anyway...much simplier than cosine rule i reckon!
ahaha you have got to prove that the two triangles are congruent

you have pronumerals...but

you say that the perpendicular line is common
the right angle is common
also r is common as both radii
both triangles are congruent and thus corrosponding sides of congruent triangles are equal... and then thus it is 10 cm for both

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Sourie
man you are all morons!!.........10 part a was simple trig functions using the nth root as the base!! part b as i said cannot be done without conic parameters knowledge or knowledge of differential equations with relation to fucken velocity!!!

goddam....we'll see what happens when you idiots get your reslts and wonder why your viewing the question as an easy one was your downfall!!
Part (b) was possible Sourie, a few ppl i talked to managed to do it and get the same results (the smart 2u/3u ppl, and I goto a selective high)
u dont need conic parameters
just need to study more (which i didnt, hence i didnt really answer that part)

L.B.U

That last question waz how can i put it... fucked up!! i m not saying anything 2 da part A it waz ok . but da part B waz really stupid and as ppl say "that question waz 2 differentiate da smart ones" i say thats bull!! dat question waz only crap... i can say i never done a question like dat in 2 or 3U. :mad: :chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)