Mman3200 (1 Viewer)

Dealucis

HSC
N/A
The requirements to pass this course is to obtain above 40% in each module A and B, and get an overall mark of 50 or more. Are they strict on the 40%-in-each-module requirement? Lets say if I got 35% in module A and 85% in module B and end up with an overall mark of 60, what are the chances of them failing me?

henry08

HSC
N/A
No idea, although as the marks are all entered into a computer software package of some kind I imagine the software package will automatically fail you if you recieved < 40 in either module or an overal mark < 50.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
No idea, although as the marks are all entered into a computer software package of some kind I imagine the software package will automatically fail you if you recieved < 40 in either module or an overal mark < 50.
hahaha this or excel ;P

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
The requirements to pass this course is to obtain above 40% in each module A and B, and get an overall mark of 50 or more. Are they strict on the 40%-in-each-module requirement? Lets say if I got 35% in module A and 85% in module B and end up with an overall mark of 60, what are the chances of them failing me?
i was talking to a couple of friends who are doing this subject, i think they'd still fail you, which sux seeing as how hard the subject looks.

Dealucis

HSC
N/A
i was talking to a couple of friends who are doing this subject, i think they'd still fail you, which sux seeing as how hard the subject looks.
How'd they go with yesterday's mid session? I did pretty bad, probably gonna get around 5/30. Most of my friends went pretty shit as well.

When they say we need to get 40% in module A, is that 40% before or after scaling? =x

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yeah they reckon they went heaps shit too, they're hoping everyone did, so it'd scale.

um, i'd think it's 40% after scaling, but check with the lecturer to make sure.

also they said that the second half of the course is apparently 3x harder than the first half :O

Dealucis

HSC
N/A
yeah they reckon they went heaps shit too, they're hoping everyone did, so it'd scale.

um, i'd think it's 40% after scaling, but check with the lecturer to make sure.

also they said that the second half of the course is apparently 3x harder than the first half :O
Thanks for the input.

The lecturer's just changed the weighing for the mid session from 30% to 20% and distributed the other 10% between the first quiz and final exam. A little relieved now. I wonder how many emails he received over the last two night lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)