Mobile Phones (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
anyways, so one of the guys gave his mobile to the supervisor.. halfway through the exam it rings! At the end of the exam the supervisor said "and to the owner of the mobile that rang: you are lucky that you gave me the mobile, otherwise you would have gotten a zero." He was stupid for not turning it off before giving it to her.
Yeah, that guy is in my 3U class. He is a total knob. I was sitting the the front row so it distracted me the most. I should claim for speical considerations. The BOS is out to get me i tell you! :vcross:

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
i agree that this punk should either turn his f*in moblie off or leave it in his bag and/or locker, but as a cautionary thing i think the moderators should just check that everyone has them turned off and put at the back of the room or something, thats what happens at my venue (also my school)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
a phone went off for the first time today in the maths exam. Nobody cared cos it was at the beginning and the person just got told to turn it off......i wanted it to go off in the middle of the exam. I want as many distractions as possible in maths :D hehe

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
I find mobile phones really annoying in classes and especially exams/assessment tests etc.

People deliberatly leave them on knowing that there is a chance that they will ring. They love the show off factor surrounding their phone/ring tone.

In assessment tests and formal exams, a zero tolerance policy should be in place for mobile phones.

Three or four years ago, there was never a problem with mobile phones. Why all of a suddon is there this massive problem? Well, put simply the problem isn't mobile phones, the problem is inconsiderate assholes.

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
bloodysunday said:
i agree that this punk should either turn his f*in moblie off or leave it in his bag and/or locker, but as a cautionary thing i think the moderators should just check that everyone has them turned off and put at the back of the room or something, thats what happens at my venue (also my school)
That is what should happen. When the moderators are giving their 5min speech at the start of every exam, they should say: All mobile phones are to be switched off and left inside your bag or taken to the front of the hall.

If this is stated, and someones phone rings half way through, they cant claim ignorence.

kylie_robbo

One of the guys in my music 1 class (the drummer) had his phone ring during our exam... the examiners didn't notice... our teacher gave him a glare though...

Jezzabelle

we were told at my school that there were new BOS rules this year, 1. you cant wear a watch on your wrist, because kids have been using programmable watches, so now they have to be placed on the desk in front of you in view of the supervisor. and 2. no phones IN the exam room... you cant just have them off in your bag, you are not allowed them AT ALL. they read a warning every exam and say that if we have illegal equipment we can bring it up now or suffer the consequences which is zero for the exam. if we have to bring a mobile to school we take it to the office and it gets locked in the strong room. or some risky ppl leave them in their cars. which is stupid cos it makes the cars targets.

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
jezzabelle86 said:
1. you cant wear a watch on your wrist, because kids have been using programmable watches, so now they have to be placed on the desk in front of you in view of the supervisor.
I think that is an utterly stupid rule. Seriously, i don't think there are many kids with programmable watches that can fit a sufficient amount of characters to enable them to cheat. I know that my watch is programmable but only with like 20 characters. Big fat use its gonna be for cheating. Not that i would anyway ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)