Mock Trial (1 Viewer)

omnipotent

HSC
We just had our first round today, lost by 5 points :(
Took almost 3 hours, and by the time i had to my closing adress, i was just over it and wanted to get out.

kimvv

HSC
uh round 2 - we're defence.

practise round was prosecution.

Guesss

HSC
We won the first round...we were the Prosecution!

We are defence for this round! :)

Anyone from the all boys skool in Ashfield??? (forgot the name) :)

Last edited:

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
WOO!! My school was plaintiff for the 2nd round, we won by like 60 points against these year 10 kids who didn't know what they were doing, their barrister put his hand up and waved it around saying "Objection".. hehe, I thought that was amusing.

Apparently, there is a letter being sent to magistrates telling them to take points off schools for being pushy and arrogant.. I think that has something to do with the fact that in one of the rounds, our first barrister made the other schools witness tear up on the stand :D. So this year we're being good and not being soo mean.

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
Awesome.. 3rd round stuff came out today, we're defence, it seems pretty interesting

gella

HSC
2nd round tomorrow.
anyone from all saints catholic college?
be ready to whallop first defence witness (me) to the ground
cant be fucked

gella

HSC
we won the case
but lost on points
how shit
loved being witness though. the bitch cross-examining me had no idea what hit her

Guesss

HSC
Criminal, we're defence, which is nice. It sounds really dubious, I think that we are guilty.. hmm
Thats alrite, i thought we were guilty in our second case, yet we won due to points system! just be confident and present ur case cleary etc. n u'll gain extra points!:)

did u win ur last round?

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
Sure did... 180 for us, 120 for them, well that was the margin something like 60 or 50 points... but we were plaintiff so it was easier.

There are advantages of being prosecution in criminal cause our barrister one's dad is a police prosecutor himself. But then defence is good because we don't have to prove beyond reasonable doubt :D

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
We're prosecution for round 3~!

the case is so funi! lol at stealing!
Ahh... this is the thing, after having a longer look at it, I think the defence has an easier job than the prosecution even though our statements are riddled with objections and we have a highly credible 2nd witness.

See.. it's not a case on stealing but goods in custody.

Without saying too much on the defence case:
Before the defendant is called on, the prosecution must prove that there are reasonable grounds for suspicion and such proof must be beyond a reasonable doubt. The defendant must prove that he had no reasonable grounds for suspicion on the balance of probabilities.

Two different standards of proof :) which makes the defence case much easier than I first thought.. It's a good case though

Guesss

HSC
Ahh... this is the thing, after having a longer look at it, I think the defence has an easier job than the prosecution even though our statements are riddled with objections and we have a highly credible 2nd witness.

See.. it's not a case on stealing but goods in custody.

Without saying too much on the defence case:
Before the defendant is called on, the prosecution must prove that there are reasonable grounds for suspicion and such proof must be beyond a reasonable doubt. The defendant must prove that he had no reasonable grounds for suspicion on the balance of probabilities.

Two different standards of proof :) which makes the defence case much easier than I first thought.. It's a good case though
^OMG thats so true!~ :)

lol: randomn question 2 all ppl doing mock trials, out of curiosity: how many of u intend to pursue a career in law??

Guesss

HSC
Hey hows everyone going wif mock trials?? we won the first two but lost the third cause the other team had our scripts for four weeks! wtf?? the magistrate didnt even take it into consideration i mean plz we got 10mins in court 2 c their scripts/statements

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey hows everyone going wif mock trials?? we won the first two but lost the third cause the other team had our scripts for four weeks! wtf?? the magistrate didnt even take it into consideration i mean plz we got 10mins in court 2 c their scripts/statements
how do you know this? Cause by mock trial rules, they are not allowed to obtain the opposing team's script. If they however, find it by accident, I think it might be a different story...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)