Mock Trial (1 Viewer)

omnipotent

HSC
Our magistrate was completely clueless. The oppositions (defence) witness forgot large chunks of her script, and spend minutes trying to remember and she got a 4 for reciting the script. Our witness didnt miss a letter of the script, and only got a 5 for the same section.

The second witness for the defence was very hard to object to and was pretty much unbeatable because of the script. It's very reliable.
I would like to know if anyone was able to win the actual case.

HSC
Our magistrate was completely clueless. The oppositions (defence) witness forgot large chunks of her script, and spend minutes trying to remember and she got a 4 for reciting the script. Our witness didnt miss a letter of the script, and only got a 5 for the same section.

The second witness for the defence was very hard to object to and was pretty much unbeatable because of the script. It's very reliable.
I would like to know if anyone was able to win the actual case.
last year when we did it one of the witness' from the opposing side stated as one of her answers:
"i dont know. i can only go by what the mock trial script says"
it was stupid!

Guesss

HSC
how do you know this? Cause by mock trial rules, they are not allowed to obtain the opposing team's script. If they however, find it by accident, I think it might be a different story...
Exactly this ^^ Well their teachers emailed my teachers on the day explaining that they were sent our scripts by mistake BUT to be fair apparently sent us a copy of their script four weeks ago! So yeh they decided on the day of the mock to check if we had thier scripts! wtf? lol Anywayz my team refused to look at em b4 the mock trial (not like we would have had long anyway) cause we wanted to go by the rules! Anywayz that backfired cause the idiot didnt even consider the morals of the crown! lol Anywayz was so unfair cause they had prepared for all our possible objections!

hmmm anywayz did anyone who was on the Prosecution actually win?? :)

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
hmmm anywayz did anyone who was on the Prosecution actually win?? :)
yes our school did. We won both the legal case and mock trial. Partly because the defendant like completely crumbled in cross examination. I am not sure exactly by how much we won, but apparently by a lot :D

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
We were defence and we won the case however we lost on points against All Saint who were last year's regional winners (only by 8 though =]) Anyways, we had a good magistrate.

This round is interesting cause Robyn Cross sent us the prosecution password and then changed her mind 2 days later and said we were now defence so we knowwhat both sides say. It's really interesting to do a case when you know what the other side has to say.

So I reckon that being defence we have a pretty good chance of winning this case now that we have seen the prosecution's side, then again, I guess Cowra have also seen our side too...

Yomo

HSC
Yea Robyn Cross...greatest mock trial organiser ever.
lol one of the typos in the round 4 script for Defence even replaced Andrew with Robin...some quality script writing and organisation from her ey...

Who is through to eliminations???

I'm so pumped for it... Caringbah kicks ass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)