Mock Trial. (1 Viewer)

itszen

HSC
Hey there guys, well im currently in Mock trail in year 11 atm. IS there anyone else doing mock aswell at school? And also for people that has done mock trail before, what is the 'solicitor' role in mock trail? The teacher doesn't really explains it clearly for me. >_<' ]

Also if this is the wrong thread for this topic please move it as pleased. =]

Holly M

HSC
Hi, I'm doing it. Although our class is pretty unorganised after going through some obstacles; missing the practice round, struggling to get participants, long prospective travel distances, etc.

Yep, the solicitor makes pre-trial notes, makes more notes during the trial and helps the barristers and helps prepare their cross-examinations and such.
The website (which i assume you have been to, it's quite helpful, has score sheets, rules etc) says that you get marked on; pre-trial notes, how much work it looks like you are doing during the proceedings, and the changes/additions to the notes.

I wanted to be a solicitor however my position was taken, but then the practice round didn't go ahead. So i might be one in the first round, i prefer the non-speaking role.

Good luck!

Sngbrd06

HSC
The solicitor creates the Pre-Trial notes, as well as advising the Barristers/Being another person to help with objections/thinking of questions for cross-examination.
+1

I'm doing Mock Trial this year. I did it when I was in Year 10 as well.
Usually I'm the solicitor, it's my favourite role as you don't have to speak at all - that job is left to the barristers and also the witnesses.

Solicitors are marked on their participation in the trial as well as their pre-trial notes and sometimes notes made during the trial. I suggest to just stay really focused and make sure you're helping out the barristers best you can. Don't just sit there, get involved and help prepare questions for cross-examination.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)