MOD A (1 Viewer)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
is it mandatory and an expectation that evidence must be presented chronologically?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I believe there are two things that @Run hard@thehsc may be referring to. If you are referring to providing relevant evidence based on a chronological order that follows that of your prescribed text(s), then perhaps this is something that is not compulsory or expected. Keep in mind that the main objective in terms of producing a good quality piece is to be able to provide and support arguments with appropriate evidence, including techniques and quotes and subsequently establish effective links between these, themes relevant to Module A and the actual question. However, if providing evidence by following a chronological order suits your analysis best, you should probably present your evidence in that manner.

On the other hand, if you are referring to providing your arguments and accompanying evidence in the same order that you briefly mention them in your introduction, then this is something that would be recommended in order to ensure that your piece is clear and well-structured.

I hope this helps! :D

vishnay

God
HSC
is it mandatory and an expectation that evidence must be presented chronologically?
there's no set rules to this stuff but nearly all the exemplar mod a essays i've read do present evidence chronologically and for a good reason --> ur supposed to layer in a sort of "logical" story when u write ur essays to prove a point and that's usually done by explaining things in order
- if u want to show prospero's transition from vengeful to forgiving u start off by picking evidence that shows him being vengeful and then evidence that shows him being forgiving --> naturally this occurs in chronological order but ur usually trying to prove a point by showing the progression of a character throughout ur text

i hope that makes sense

if u feel like u need to deviate from this to prove ur point then u may refer to evidence from an earlier point in the text but try not to overdo it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)