Mod B TS Eliot; Essay Structure (1 Viewer)

dsakvyilsa

HSC
I need some advice on what sort of structure to use for my body paragraphs.
In my in class assessment (multimodal), I did 2 paragraphs, each discussing a different theme, and then an integrated analysis of both poems within each paragraph.
I feel like this might be too complex to replicate in the HSC, particularly if the question requires us to write about a specific poem.

I see examples where people did two body paragraphs, with one poem for each... is this a better approach?

I struggled with articulating my thoughts here, so I hope this makes some sense 😭 Thanks!

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
In my in class assessment (multimodal), I did 2 paragraphs, each discussing a different theme, and then an integrated analysis of both poems within each paragraph.
I feel like this might be too complex to replicate in the HSC, particularly if the question requires us to write about a specific poem.

I see examples where people did two body paragraphs, with one poem for each... is this a better approach?

I struggled with articulating my thoughts here, so I hope this makes some sense 😭 Thanks!
im doing a main thematic approach - trying to link spirituality between each poem and relating that to the question lol

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC

do u go to hornsby by any chance

breadcrumbs

HSC
im doing the same structure as u and my teachers have said that it helps u discuss eliots poems as a whole instead of individually easier, but a paragraph for each poem works fine too

indeed

HSC
im doing the same structure as u and my teachers have said that it helps u discuss eliots poems as a whole instead of individually easier, but a paragraph for each poem works fine too
Yh I think integrating the poems in each para is better because you talk about Eliot's poetry as a whole (textual integrity)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
the way u structure it doesn't matter as much. even if u do one poem per para it makes no difference as long as your linking back to previous paragraphs and poems. the key is show show Eliot influence on both his and the contemporary epoch through the features of his poetry (for integrity)

Last edited:

carrotsss

HSC
Yh I think integrating the poems in each para is better because you talk about Eliot's poetry as a whole (textual integrity)
That sounds really confusing wouldnt you be like darting between poems

indeed

HSC
Yh you would be, but let's say you do one poem per para and you do 5 quotes, it would be the same with the integrated structure (but instead of 5 same quotes you might do 2 from prufrock, 2 from hollow men and 1 from journey)

mcchamp

HSC
It doesn't really matter which structure you do, but doing it by poems tends to be easier.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
oh idk man i do two paragraphs and two poems in each, i kinda integrate them together

its whatever works for different people yk

like for me first para = prufrock and hollow men
second para = hollow men and journey

and in each para i analyse whats similar abt them, and my second para is like a "response" to the flaws of the first para's poems (like journey's spiritual nature is a solution to prufrock's paralysis)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
su
oh idk man i do two paragraphs and two poems in each, i kinda integrate them together

its whatever works for different people yk

like for me first para = prufrock and hollow men
second para = hollow men and journey

and in each para i analyse whats similar abt them, and my second para is like a "response" to the flaws of the first para's poems (like journey's spiritual nature is a solution to prufrock's paralysis)
omg that's kinda what i do except i do a thematic sequence going
para 1 prufrock
para 2 hollow men
para 3 magi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)