Mod B; TS Eliot help (1 Viewer)

dsakvyilsa

HSC
Hey guys,

I am a bit uncertain on how much I need to memorise for the exam..... do I need quotes for all 5 poems, or would just a few be enough? I currently have material prepared for prufrock, preludes, and hollow men, but not the other two. Would I be okay just going in with knowledge of 3/5 poems? I have tried talking to my teacher but the response was sort of inconclusive 😭 Thanks

SASH_06_X

HSC
Hey guys,

I am a bit uncertain on how much I need to memorise for the exam..... do I need quotes for all 5 poems, or would just a few be enough? I currently have material prepared for prufrock, preludes, and hollow men, but not the other two. Would I be okay just going in with knowledge of 3/5 poems? I have tried talking to my teacher but the response was sort of inconclusive 😭 Thanks
You do need quotes from all 5 poems as they could or could not give you a choice on the poem in the exam. For example, they might say "In your response, include reference to The Hollow Men and atleast ONE other poem of your choice." Or, they might say, "In your response, include specific reference to Preludes and Journey of The Magi," in which case you'll only be able to respond if you have a detailed knowledge of all poems. Read through all the poems, annotate them with notes and techniques, analyse them and practice with past papers. If you find it difficult to memorise a lot of quotes, try writing them all down and recite them one by one, over and over again, until you know them. This technique worked for me and hopefully it will for you too.

Hope this helped! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)