moderation (1 Viewer)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Basically i've been playing around with the moderation thing at www.boredofstudies.org/moderate.php or something, and have found that your external hsc mark is very important? Because i haven't done that well in english this year, i.e. raw around 80% and im in around the top 40 (eek). While i go to a school in the top 15, english is not our strong point. Im just wondering if i achieve a band 6 in the exam and people ranked above me dont, will i get dragged down?

In other words im just wondering if i can still manage a high band 5/low band 5 in the end i.e. 88+

A l

HSC
N/A
velox said:
Basically i've been playing around with the moderation thing at www.boredofstudies.org/moderate.php or something, and have found that your external hsc mark is very important? Because i haven't done that well in english this year, i.e. raw around 80% and im in around the top 40 (eek). While i go to a school in the top 15, english is not our strong point. Im just wondering if i achieve a band 6 in the exam and people ranked above me dont, will i get dragged down?

In other words im just wondering if i can still manage a high band 5/low band 5 in the end i.e. 88+
Your school mark would certainly pull you down if that scenario occurs. In that kind of situation, you are talking about jumping from ranks 30-40 to the top. Since half of the HSC marks come from internal assessments, chances are, your moderated assessment mark would be low and if you wish to maximise your marks then you should boost your ranks in the external exam.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Once all of your assessment tasks have been completed (i.e. internal rankings have been finalised), you can maximise both your final assessment and examination marks by helping everyone in your class (and not just yourself) do well in the HSC exam.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Lazarus said:
Once all of your assessment tasks have been completed (i.e. internal rankings have been finalised), you can maximise both your final assessment and examination marks by helping everyone in your class (and not just yourself) do well in the HSC exam.
It's funny that you can actually turn the HSC into a game of tactics...every man for himself until the trials and then *bam*...all of a sudden everybody helps everybody else :p

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
miss_gtr said:
i dont get it.. how does helping others boost your marks?
1. If you're ranked first, you automatically attain the highest exam mark as your moderated assessment mark no matter how badly or how well you perform in the exam yourself. Note that you still get your own exam mark.
2. Even if you aren't first, then helping others will ensure that your whole grade does well. If everyone in your grade does well, then the average will increase thus helping your own school in comparison with other schools in the state.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)