modern history predictions? (1 Viewer)

asroma15

HSC
N/A
hey guys.

what are your predictions for each section of modern?

mine are WW1- focus on the big 3 and women.

personality studies- Ho chi minh quote for part B and rise to prominence instead of whole life for part A

country- im doing germany what are your predictions for this section? foreign policy domestic policy or social life? or something else :p

and section 4- indochina.. i have no idea anyone want to take a crack at it?

eyeswideshut

HSC
hey guys.

what are your predictions for each section of modern?

mine are WW1- focus on the big 3 and women.

personality studies- Ho chi minh quote for part B and rise to prominence instead of whole life for part A

country- im doing germany what are your predictions for this section? foreign policy domestic policy or social life? or something else :p

and section 4- indochina.. i have no idea anyone want to take a crack at it?
predicting women for WW1 as well

personality- rise to prominence and no idea about the quote

national studies- im doing russia and predicting power struggle and maybe foreign policy?

conflict- indochina and im predicting US involvment and reasons for communist victory

enoilgam

HSC
WW1 - Could be anything really, but I reakon the nature of trench warfare or the treaty of Versailles
Personality - The impact the person had on their country or something to that affect (10 marker). No idea for the 15 marker its too hard to predict
Germany - I reakon something like "Evaluate the contribution which the Treaty of Versailles had on the collapse of Weimar democracy". Also, for Nazi Germany I reakon something on racial policy or social life
Conflict in Europe - D-day or maybe the russian counter-offensives, the non-aggression pact or Nuremburg. Its possible that they could go with home front or the causes of the war as well.

D94

HSC
N/A
WW1: Turning points << Maybe tested once in the last 10 years.
National Studies (Germany): Great depression, consolidation of power << Haven't been tested on before.
Personalities (Speer): Historical context as a whole, quote as usual - maybe along the lines of trust/honour
Peace & Conflict (Conflict in Europe): German advances (Poland, Low Countries, France), League of Nations (collective security) << Haven't been tested on before.

Last edited:

AlbertF

HSC
ww1: Women or impact of battles in attempts to break stalemate.
Germany: praying for successes and failures of democracy leading to collapse. No idea really.
Personality: (Leni Riefenstahl)a) rise to prominence.. b) only Board of torture knows.
WW2: Battles questionss are usually the same, just dif battles. Evaluate the view that El Alamein was a significant turning point in the Second World War. Who knows. gl to all

hscrabbit

HSC
CONFLICT IN INDOCHINA: they haven't asked a question under the "USA and indochina" dot point in two years. you guys reckon it'll be alright to just study that in detail?

carmenleung1

HSC
Nah they did women and big 3 last year
....doubt they'd do it again unless bos wants to play with our minds

mayy

HSC
what do you guys reckon about foreign policy for USA?

eyeswideshut

HSC
CONFLICT IN INDOCHINA: they haven't asked a question under the "USA and indochina" dot point in two years. you guys reckon it'll be alright to just study that in detail?
no! don't ever just study one part. the only part you can safely get away with not studying is pol pot, asked last year and is asked once every 3 years

wallabies112

HSC
N/A
hscrabbit what are you thinking you cant just study one thing in detail, get a grip

LachyLane

HSC
Do you think for Germany (section II, q b) it will be on Hitler's Totalitarianism, foreign policy, racial policy, Nazism (impacts) or propaganda?

hscrabbit

HSC
hscrabbit what are you thinking you cant just study one thing in detail, get a grip
well, it is kind of likely for them to ask a dot point from usa and indochina since they haven't asked anything from it in 2 years. focusing more so on them would be quite useful

D94

HSC
N/A
well, it is kind of likely for them to ask a dot point from usa and indochina since they haven't asked anything from it in 2 years. focusing more so on them would be quite useful
But the point was if they didn't ask anything about that topic at all. What would you do then? And, 2 years is nothing; that's just 4 questions, or 2 pairs of related questions. The syllabus is much larger than 4 dot points.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Folks don't forget the problems and issues at the top of each syllabus page as they could ask the questions on those areas rather than on specific dot points.

KingDakai

HSC
Folks don't forget the problems and issues at the top of each syllabus page as they could ask the questions on those areas rather than on specific dot points.
...you got to be kidding me..

D94

HSC
N/A
...you got to be kidding me..
Well, that's the point of the course; to answer those problems/issues. But if you know your content, answering those questions isn't the biggest of all challenges.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)