modern history predictions? (1 Viewer)

Exotic

HSC
How about Conflict in the Pacific? Is this a common option? Any predictions?

sodam

HSC
WW1-probably go with Turning Points and Total War
Russia- Changes in society or Communist ideology/ Stalinism (hopefully nothing to do with power struggle or foreign policy)
Trotsky-background + rise to prominence
Indochina-US policies and involvement in indochina and Communist victory (would they ever ask something along the lines of 'To what extent were the peace talks responsible for communist victory in the Second Indochina War?')

hscrabbit

HSC
WW1-probably go with Turning Points and Total War
Russia- Changes in society or Communist ideology/ Stalinism (hopefully nothing to do with power struggle or foreign policy)
Trotsky-background + rise to prominence
Indochina-US policies and involvement in indochina and Communist victory (would they ever ask something along the lines of 'To what extent were the peace talks responsible for communist victory in the Second Indochina War?')
Someone else predicted turning points for WW1 as well. For Indochina, I'm predicting how the political and social issues in indochina lead to the defeat of south vietnamese forces. That's kind of like communist victory. And I have a slight feeling that it'll be US policies and involvement too :/
But I'm worried about peace talks....
Btw, would they ask 2 questions from second indochina? It happened once in 2007, hopefully not this year

sodam

HSC
Someone else predicted turning points for WW1 as well. For Indochina, I'm predicting how the political and social issues in indochina lead to the defeat of south vietnamese forces. That's kind of like communist victory. And I have a slight feeling that it'll be US policies and involvement too :/
But I'm worried about peace talks....
Btw, would they ask 2 questions from second indochina? It happened once in 2007, hopefully not this year
im not sure if that question would come up cause it doesnt directly relate to communist victory (as its pre-1960 accordin to syllabus), but yeah policies seems likely :/ and hopefully peace talks dont come up either
i think its pretty rare to ask 2 questions on the second indochina dot point alone (and its rare that they exclude it entirely too), but they may pull out a whole-war question..or a pol pot question
im just hoping for a simple communist victory one lol

Last edited:

hscrabbit

HSC
im not sure if that question would come up cause it doesnt directly relate to communist victory (as its pre-1960 accordin to syllabus), but yeah policies seems likely :/ and hopefully peace talks dont come up either
i think its pretty rare to ask 2 questions on the second indochina dot point alone (and its rare that they exclude it entirely too), but they may pull out a whole-war question..or a pol pot question
im just hoping for a simple communist victory one lol
what do you think about 'political, social, economic and military developments within north and south vietnam'? is that a possibility?
........they can ask for a whole-war question?? highly doubt they'd ask pol pot since it was asked last year and there's not much they can ask about it without over-lapping last year's question :)

sodam

HSC
what do you think about 'political, social, economic and military developments within north and south vietnam'? is that a possibility?
........they can ask for a whole-war question?? highly doubt they'd ask pol pot since it was asked last year and there's not much they can ask about it without over-lapping last year's question :)
yeah that usually refers to the questions like 'assess the impacts of Geneva on NV and SV' or 'assess the impacts of Vietnamese victory against French..' and they've come up quite a few times
yeah whole war like ongoing conflict 1954-79 or US policy :/
haha true that..thank god :D

hscrabbit

HSC
yeah that usually refers to the questions like 'assess the impacts of Geneva on NV and SV' or 'assess the impacts of Vietnamese victory against French..' and they've come up quite a few times
yeah whole war like ongoing conflict 1954-79 or US policy :/
haha true that..thank god :D
Ohhh nooo!!! I just realised that that was asked in 2009 :(
Do you predict anything else besides US policy/intervention??

M

MichelleV

For WW1 I'd say were probably due for a question about the home front, probably in both Britain and Germany.
Looking back through papers, It's mostly been about tactics, major battles, and soldier moral. Seems to be a trend towards Dot points 1, 3 and 4, but not as much 2 :/
That being said, if there is a trend away from 2, I'd say Allied Victory would be next. Probably events leading to the armistice, and the armistice itself. Not necessarily Versailles and the leaders because that appears a few times.

For Russia and the Soviet Union I'd guess there would be either (for A) The civil war (for B) Impact of Stalinsm, Stalin's role in the soviet state or why Stalin triumphed.

Conflict in Europe I'm leaning towards the end of the conflict. Either D day or the Russian Counter offensives. That dot point hasn't really been tested in the last few years. For the 2nd question, I'd say it would be something about Germany, possibly their advances into Poland, France etc? :)

And for personalities I think just a general overview of their life + rise to prominence.

:)

sodam

HSC
Ohhh nooo!!! I just realised that that was asked in 2009 :(
Do you predict anything else besides US policy/intervention??
im thinking Tet offensive in relation to communist victory, cause they havn't asked about Tet for a while

Harber

HSC
How about for GERMANY (historical period).... do you guys think there will be at least one question of section 3 (nazism in power) or 4 (foreign policy)... if we get 1 + 2 im fucked hard.

Assemblage

HSC
for national studies, which in my case is germany, do they have to ask one question on the Weimar Republic and one on the Nazi? Or can they ask both questions regarding the only Nazis or Weimar?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
for national studies, which in my case is germany, do they have to ask one question on the Weimar Republic and one on the Nazi? Or can they ask both questions regarding the only Nazis or Weimar?
They do NOT have to ask one on each and they can ask one or both across the entire time period from 1918 - 1939.

Last edited:

bigbirdbanana

HSC
How about for GERMANY (historical period).... do you guys think there will be at least one question of section 3 (nazism in power) or 4 (foreign policy)... if we get 1 + 2 im fucked hard.
There should be at least 1, but hey they could be cruel. I reaaaally doubt they're gonna be asking about social/cultural life seeing as that only came up a couple of years ago. I'm really hoping there's a collapse of the republic question! I'll probably be fine if there's not cos i've studied everything, but i would be so happy if there was cos i'm so well prepared for it!

KingDakai

HSC
For Germany, is there always going to be 2 questions, one from the first two points and the other question from the last two?

D94

HSC
N/A
For Germany, is there always going to be 2 questions, one from the first two points and the other question from the last two?
Read cem's reply:
They do NOT have to ask one on each and they can ask one or both across the entire time period from 1918 - 1939.
They could ask anything, so no.

Chazure

HSC
Uni Grad
So much content. So little time -.-

This is the exam i've been most scared of in the last 3 weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)