Modern History Studying Tips (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Soph look in the photocopied sheets we got on Foreign Policy and the war, it's in there :)

s2ophie

HSC
what would i do without you ash!

Benno

HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Soph look in the photocopied sheets we got on Foreign Policy and the war, it's in there :)
hehe i think i have the same notes :)

HSC
N/A
I'm getting tutoring at the moment from the man that wrote the modern, ancient and extension syllabi. I think he knows what he's on about. For the national studies, he was saying that the concepts are a major part of it, and EVERYTHING needs to be linked to them. He's a bit of a gun, can't believe no one else is using him!

jess18

hi,
i find a good way to study is to create wall charts that link the events or texts you are studying.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Wall charts are good.... I wasted an hour or so yesterday making up a massive Indochina timeline on Butcher's paper that now covers the door of my closet!

Benno

HSC
lol sigh, i did those last year and burnt them, and they were really good! who can say stupid!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by Benno
lol sigh, i did those last year and burnt them, and they were really good! who can say stupid!
You burnt them? You little pyro you!!!

Benno

HSC
lol yeah after year 12 last year i burnt most of my notes

sigh*

meh

mine are going into a huge box in storage

never know some poor soul might need em one day
the typed up ones are goin to BOS hehe love me ppl!

meh

mine are going into a huge box in storage

never know some poor soul might need em one day
the typed up ones are goin to BOS hehe love me ppl!

Jennibeans

HSC
umm people you do realise the teachers who mark these exams if they're not familar with a historians name that you've used they will check it up.

sugared plum

HSC
haha you're so naive jennibeans.
not that it's a good thing to not care, but you shouldn't worry so much about it - i did in the begnning and it was a waste of effort. in the hsc exam i made up random vietnamese names of hisotirans for the indo-china question, and totally confused historians (who were well known) in the germany question. eg i said ian kershaw was a german nationalist.

i got 95.

the end.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
does anyone know what context in which historiography can be used and where I can get them?

emma+chelsea

hey :)

Is there anyone who is doing Russia/ Soviet Union or the Arab Isreali conflict??? It seems that everyone is doing Indo-China, so if there is someone doing the same as me who wants to hep out each-other, then let me know!

rubylotus11

well my best study tip from last year was getting my mum to ask me to answer questions aloud. For some reason having someone to ask me directly rather than memorising by myself helped.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
sugared plum said:
i said ian kershaw was a german nationalist.

i got 95.

the end.
Well Done on your score but I personally wouldn't push the mark and say Ian Kershaw was a German Nationalist....

Jennibeans

HSC
tip: dont try and memorise the quotes paraphrase instead it makes it easier to remember & easier to link historians who have similar perspectives on an issue

Candypants

1. Take a short break

or

2. Change subjects/ topic of study

I have this problem A LOT. I find changing to a different subject helps.
Is it just with Modern that this happens? I also find picking up a relevant book and reading helps, because its a break from writing/ thinking but you're still absorbing vital information.

Just change what you're doing - whether you move from desk to computer, subject to subject, or writing to reading. The reason why we daydream is because we are bored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)