Module A - Elective 2: In the Wild (1 Viewer)

Happeninchick

Gilmore Girl
HSC
I left this till last because it was one of my better topics, but I found I ran out of time. I finished though, conclusion and all. But I could have wrote soooo much more! You think they could strive to give Advanced students an hour for each essay. At least we could elborate and show a more indepth understanding of EVERY text.... not just the ones you had time for! Anyways... Bomb the english system, I say! :D

Candypants

Woah this was my big 14 pager. Anyway, I thought the question was really broad... which is good and bad. It's good because I could answer it very switftly but bad because I prepared heaps concise notes for BNW/BR and if we had of done something trickier, I would have been able to show off more.

Laus86

I did BR/BNW and thought this question was perfect coz u could talk about woteva u wanted to and even write the essay u prepared. You didn't even really need to fit it to the question coz the question was so general. i ended up writing 8 full pages on it, spent a bit too long but i think it was worth it.

Harwood sucked

Telling the truth-frontline-was good.

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
I reckon this was my best section. The question was pretty much exactly what i had prepared my essay for.

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
glycerine said:
i did blade runner/brave new world which is theoretically easy but for some reason i've always had trouble with it. i think i did ok in this one, except for the vagueness.
im exactly the same - i know the module i jsut find it hard to try and progress through the essay logically - its straightforward but i always have trouble

tho today i think frontline was my worst which is usually my best
i wrote 9 pages for module a
8 pages for module b
and 9 pages for module c

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
this question was sooooo bloody simple coz ud kill urself if u stuffed it / didn prepare an essay....

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
the word "illuminated" threw me off abit..

Ended up disreguarding that word and writing how my understanding of the wild are shaped by the composers of the texts.

SelphieBoffin

HSC
The question was pretty straight-foward, but I think I rambled on too much with out relating anything to the question, although maybe I didn't need to because the question was so broad.

I wrote eight and a half pages for this one, but there was still so much left to write about! I have so much trouble condensing it, there's just too much to talk about in Blade Runner and Brave New World. My conclusion was really bad, because the time was almost up, and my hand writing was getting really shocking towards the end. But I think it went better than the other two at least.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
wordsworth and malouf are so stupid... i hate them. Its like trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat for this module using those texts, cos all the links are ambiguous and airy -fairy.

It was a good question though, fair and predictable. I just wish that Malouf wasn't so abstract and Wordsworth wasn't so Romantic...

QUASTY

we did bnw and br, it came straight from my prepared essay, ' how has it illumnated' (techniques) and simply in the wild. ours compared humanity and natural world everyone else prob does that, yeah, it was great 13 pages, bout 7-8 on each line. goodluck with the rest hey!!!!!!

S

Shuter

What did throw me was the illuminated bit. In my conclusion I did try and say that these extreme visions of the future world helped me to appreciate nature or whatever, but illuminate seemed to indicate I was meant to show how it expanded and increased my understanding of what it is to be human, what role nature plays ect. Which I don't think I really answered in my essay, I rather just described how and why the composer conveys these messages. Ohh well it was all muddled up and I'm sure there was some good stuff in there somewhere.

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
i think it was way to general....i find it hard to structure an essay without a specific point to bring it all back to, so i think i may have rambled a little in this one...

lamchopz

Christian Unionist
HSC
i found in the wild the best. david malouf and wordsworth are basically the same, it deals with nature and how one finds solace and the other finds salvation. i would prefer doing this text rather than transformation...where the contexts and for the BOS to include them as one module is ridiculous.

sykotik

.... i totally got scrood in this section... mind just went blank...
i did the exam in this order: mod b, mod a, mod c

this mod comprised of 15 minutes of thinking (absolutely no writing wat-so-eva), then random ramblings.... i'll be lucky to pass this mod...

coroneos

wait.. the in the wild one.. it seemed pretty simplistic.
Can u just write an essay?
or do u need a personal tone? i.e. use of personal pronouns?

I just went straight into it w/out any personal tone lol.. will i get penalised?

*Fire_Fly*

Totally screwed it!

I totally screwed this section!!(not to mention the whole exam) I misinterpreted the question and wrote entirely the wrong thing. Wish I could go back and do it again!

zhongie

HSC
I thought the paper was ok, pretty generic. No curly questions or the like, so all up good. But i spent too much time on it, and couldn't do a conclusion for C.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)