Module A: Emma and Clueless (1 Viewer)

HSC
I LOVED TODAYS EXAM! I was freaking out so much about it, but once I got in there I had the biggest sigh of relief, it was so easy! All three questions, but especially the Emma/Clueless one. Yay! I feel so good about everything at the moment - I never have to read King Lear or Emma or The Fiftieth Gate again, unless I choose to. Yay Yay Yay... I think I aced it!

MeLT87

!!!!!
HSC
i think it was a really good question too, mainly because i was so prepd for something along those lines, if we had more time i could have gone on about it for ages.

HSC
looks like this question is going pretty good for most of us! I like the values, but still remembered to drag in some themes and medium stuff, hope it's good.
:p

Twiggyy

twiggy
HSC
luved it!

i was so0o relieved wen i read this question it was tops!
umm i mentioned values of appearance, social status, vanity, lack of insight, marriage/human relationships and briefly mentioned the cultural diferences in order to appeal to a wider audience bla bla..
hopefully thats all we needed
YAY NO MORE ENGLISH!

Ace-Of-Spades

HSC
Twiggyy said:
i was so0o relieved wen i read this question it was tops!
umm i mentioned values of appearance, social status, vanity, lack of insight, marriage/human relationships and briefly mentioned the cultural diferences in order to appeal to a wider audience bla bla..
hopefully thats all we needed
YAY NO MORE ENGLISH!
Thats a fair bit, i didnt mention that much, but i did mention some of the same things (social status, love/relationships......)

H.S.What?

HSC
I wrote about how heckerling uses her medium of film and techniques like soundtrack, dialogue and voice-over to sustain interest in values in emma, like relationships, leisure and wealth, self-awareness and propriety. Does it sound like i was on the right track? I don't know whether i related it to the question well enough.

~*pixie_poo*~

HSC
H.S.What? said:
I wrote about how heckerling uses her medium of film and techniques like soundtrack, dialogue and voice-over to sustain interest in values in emma, like relationships, leisure and wealth, self-awareness and propriety. Does it sound like i was on the right track? I don't know whether i related it to the question well enough.

i wrote that too, focusing more on the themes- growth and development of the central character, love and marriage, and social and class structure. if you mentioned that it actually related to emma and retained the interest through the changing values you should be fine (i think!) its what i did anyway.

Danidepp

I feel your pain buddy

I like fully didnt get the question either....but i am quite smart so im hoping that overuled it. Lol Yeev it was so random to see you post the last message...i was like looking at everyones happy comments thinking shit im am so screwed...their prob all zumunts..our year is like the smartest...hello Mrs Wells and Llody will beat all their shit teachers. Anyway good luck for your next exam
Luv Dani

saaaaarah

HSC
I didn't think the question was great. Cause a part of what I usually say is that Heckerling CHANGES some of the values presented in Emma (i.e Austen maintains class boundaries where as Heckerling promotes class mobility).
But i think i sort of got around it by saying that they both value a social structure even though it has changed in nature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)