Module A - In the Wild (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
I did three practise essay's but no matter how many I did I would never be able to write fifteen pages:eek:!
yeah, the amount of pages i wrote for the whole test wouldn't even amount to that much. :(

nerdd

woah u guys.
it's like my own standard i set myself to break the one booklet. haha...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, the amount of pages i wrote for the whole test wouldn't even amount to that much. :(
I didn't either:(. I am just wondering why they set time limits n exams, in the workplace you will never have to file a report or something similar n less than two hours. I think we should be given as long as we need (within reason):).

bboy_insane

HSC
N/A
Ok so what did everyone write about??

Did you compare the themes of the text?

meh

yeah i wrote a booklet for module A and Module C, and 9 pages for Module B, was very happy with that and my handwritting, which usually become illegible after the first hour

All the questions were perfect, just perfect, like little gifts hahaha I was pleased! Legal on Fri :S I'm scared!!!

scottish_lass

Question was good. Just always feel like there is soo much to write in Brave New World/ Blade runner that i can't structure it as well as like to. i spent 50 mins on this section- and needed at least another 20 to have a response that i's be happy with!!!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by bboy_insane
Ok so what did everyone write about??

Did you compare the themes of the text?
I think I compared the context and the themes and values of the context:).

Arkhon

Seriously, how do you people write so damn much? I wrote, flat out, no stopping to think as it was coming well....and wrote about 4 1/2 pages for each module...
I swear, some of you must be part cyborg or something...

*insert X-Files music here

*goes off to find Mulder and Scully to investigate the possiblity of cyborgs sitting the HSC.

LeesY

wow

hey ...well i wrote one entire booklet for this module..8 pages that is..
felt kinda disappointed halfway because there was too much that i wanted to write and i have a feeling i didnt articulate my techniques correctly..it also lacked structure
well since the format wasnt specified i wrote in the format of a speech since its much easier to handle than an essay
do u think i would get marked down for that?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I hated this question. I was able to write about it, but linking the essay back to the question was hard. I can't stand questions that ask how my understanding has been developed. I just want to write "It didn't you fool" and move on to the next essay.

I wrote five pages.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
I wrote 5 and a half pages. Although can someone clear up what Context is...

context is like Aldous Huxley writing it in the 1930's and the war and stuff and the influence of the writings of H.G. Wells? Whereas the context of Bladerunner was all the technological advancements that were happening in the 1980's? eh

the "reshaped" bit was crazy pringles

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Krangelus
context is like Aldous Huxley writing it in the 1930's and the war and stuff and the influence of the writings of H.G. Wells? Whereas the context of Bladerunner was all the technological advancements that were happening in the 1980's? eh
Even though I didn't do those texts, that is what context is:). Like Shakespeare writing at a time seventeenth century at a time of great exploration:).

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by LeesY

well since the format wasnt specified i wrote in the format of a speech since its much easier to handle than an essay
do u think i would get marked down for that?
Unless they specify a text type you are meant to write in essay form. You may lose 2 or 3 marks for your structure and language....

HSC
its not worth comparing the number of pages you write... i wrote 22 for each essay, but i have enormous writing... it all depends on what works the fastest for the person... mine is only 3-4-5 words per line...
i thought this question was weird... its difficult to explain "shaping meaning" in regards to tempest/explorers... but im not worried...

*10#

one quote i used from bladerunner just to annoy/shock the markers

does anyone remember the part where roy goes up to tyrrel and says "i want more life fucker"

i wrote about that coz i could

shazabdazla

how impossible ! for some reason, i can write like 14 pages in 40 mins for legal, but for english i struggle to write 8 in that time!

i do br/bnw, and i spoke about:

bnw: some liberation of women's roles=lenina /inverted morals etc, john=voices our morality,increased consumerism and decreasing religion=parody"sign of the t" and "our ford"blah blah

then similar for br...but HOW DO YOU SAY HOW YOUR ATTITUDE CHANGED! YOU HAVE TO TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU THOUGHT B4 AND HOW MUCH YOU UNDERSTAND IT NOW??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)