Module A - In the Wild (1 Viewer)

vegeta_316

Originally posted by jizmiester
i wrote 15 pages. It was the best possible thing that could of happened! structure, ideas, context = YAY!! my 40mins was up so i had to stop...THANKYOU BoS!!!
How big is ur writing?? How many words per page?? Did you do around 15 pages for each module??

Wiggum

Originally posted by vegeta_316
How big is ur writing?? How many words per page?? Did you do around 15 pages for each module??
It's not really how many pages you write if you have huge writing, i did about 7-8 words per line for 6 pages in 45 mins. Not happy with what i did at all, didn't talk about everything i wanted to talk about, actually cut out alot of what i wanted to say.

15 pages per module? If you've got writing like mine then that's pretty crazy. Our top guys didn't write that much either, about 8 per module.
Originally posted by Merethrond
How do people write so fast:eek:! You have such a big advantage:).
You should have kept doing practise essays then, it improves you writing speed so much.

Ribbon

I left this one till last (thought the donne and powerplay Qs were easier), my time management wasn't completely up to scratch though so I only had 30mins to write. Did about 5 pages, but unfortunately I don't think the quality made up for the quantity :(

I don't understand how anyone could possibly write 15 pages in 40mins!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Wiggum
You should have kept doing practise essays then, it improves you writing speed so much.
I did three practise essay's but no matter how many I did I would never be able to write fifteen pages:eek:!

keepin_sanity

Iwrote 8 pages (6-7 words a line - ish) for this one - had to cram the conclusion in the bottom part of the last page though!!! The conclusion by the way sucked a lot of arse but hey...I'm over it now.
English is over forever and thats all that matters! hurrah!

mle

Yeah fifteen is impossible.

I was really surprised when I did this one, i left it till last coz i liked the other two better, but when i was writing this i kept coming up with really good things and thinking "wow, where'd that come from?!?!?" :D

I was pushed to finish it but i managed it. my hand is killing me tho... :(

cadsy48

are you guys all freaks or what im confused?!!

your all saying i write 10 / 11/ 12 pages.....you guys must all have the BIGGEST fuck-off writing i have ever seen!!..im doing decent detailed essays with 8-10 words a line and going 4.5-5.5 pages!!!

at least i hope thats the case or band 4 for me

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
sigh~~~ i got confused wif that reshape bit for quite a while, and i was like: "huh??" for like 0.3 minute (of the readin time, hopefully) ...... didn't feel good abt the essay tho..... *sigh~~~ * must haf fked up soooooooooo bad...... just wish did well enough in aos.......

Leanne

HSC
i've noticed most ppl arent that confident...but i think i did my best here......probably about 11 and a half pages.... but my writing seems to get pretty big on those BOS pads...has anyone else noticed how easily the pen flows off the page on those things??? wow!!!

jizmiester

yeah i agree, its so cool! they must have done some sort of scientific study and applied it to special BoS paper! its soooo cool! well, this was my best section, managed 16 pages and ive never written a better essay in my life! Thankyou for your compassion BoS!

leeraff

HSC
mmmmm when you say 16 pages...did u write big???

personally i only managed 7.5, went in thinking "im goin to write big" the guy says go and wat do i do write small...ffs

Son_e_boy

Originally posted by xiao1985
sigh~~~ i got confused wif that reshape bit for quite a while, and i was like: "huh??" for like 0.3 minute (of the readin time, hopefully) ...... didn't feel good abt the essay tho..... *sigh~~~ * must haf fked up soooooooooo bad...... just wish did well enough in aos.......
Yeah i reckon the reshaped idea was really awkward. It made it seem like we had to have a first impression about it, then we looked at context and picked up something extra.

Just my thoughts anyway..

Btw i agree the BOS paper is awesome, much better then school ones, i think its something to do with the texture... similar to recycled paper

raekwon

i wrote 8 pages.. pretty happpy with the way it turned out coz it fit in with my planned essay...

i wrote 1 paragraph on the blank side of the page coz i forgot about it and there wasnt room to stick it in the ruled side.. u reckon they'll still look at it and mark it??

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by cadsy48
are you guys all freaks or what im confused?!!

your all saying i write 10 / 11/ 12 pages.....you guys must all have the BIGGEST fuck-off writing i have ever seen!!..im doing decent detailed essays with 8-10 words a line and going 4.5-5.5 pages!!!

at least i hope thats the case or band 4 for me
I really know how you feel:).

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I thought this was really good, but you had to really concentrate on context more than just comparison

vegeta_316

Maybe people should start estimating how many words they did instead of pages so all 90% of us don't freak out.

I wrote 5.5 - 6 pages on each section which accounted for roughly 1000 words considering I averaged around 175 words a page. (I know this because I wrote my practice essays on the exact same paper they use in the HSC and with my handwriting I averaged 175 words per page).

I think a 900 word essay is good enough to compete for a band 5/6 response if length is any consideration.

I found this essay to be the easiest of the three so I did it last. Wasn't as good as my other two in terms of quality but hey, no point dwelling on it now. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)