Module A - Telling Stories (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I cannot believe there are separate question for each precribed texts. I am sad :(

And my one - poetry - is so specific....*sighs*

I thought in 2001 HSC, they could not compared a band 6 from one essay and band 6 from another precribed text......What happened this year?

I am still hoping for a band 6.....

rude

dont worry, you will get band 6 because you're Survivor and you gonna make it!

my question on Cinema Paradiso was ok, i managed to fit my memorised essay with the question but i didnt finish the conclusion! NOT ENOUGH TIME!

ToRnaDo

HSC
yeahh Suvivor u will get in band 6 sooo dont worry! your essay question is not hard??? it asked u about the elements of poem..The question for ANimal Farm is more hard because the other supporting text i learned it doesnt fix this question...

Soo i dont know how many mark i will get?? Hopefully over all i will get 60 :-(

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by rude
dont worry, you will get band 6 because you're Survivor and you gonna make it!

Thanks. :D

Without a conclusion is really bad as what you wrote is not a complete essay. You will probably facing losing two or three marks. Sorry if I scared you.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by ToRnaDo
yeahh Suvivor u will get in band 6 sooo dont worry! your essay question is not hard??? it asked u about the elements of poem..
The problem is that that question specifically ask for a particular poem, which i did not focus on. I never study that poem because i thought the question would be more flexible than this. Nevertheless, with my super helpful memory i mangement to squeeze out some quotes and a faint memory of the plot....So I am not so sure....

rude

i well, i looked at the Standards ESL Package and one of the band 5/6 perspective essays didnt have a conclusion so i hope i am not going to lose marks.

P.S. Survivor39, i think you should be an ESL teacher and write a proper hsc exam or we can combine our ESL forces and write a normal English for Study question where a student can use his/her KNOWLEDGE OF STUDY TECHNIQUES!! well its over anyways. Thanks BOS for the perfectly worded questions e.g. Interview or Speech.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
i well, i looked at the Standards ESL Package and one of the band 5/6 perspective essays didnt have a conclusion so i hope i am not going to lose marks.
I hope you won't lose any marks, as the ESL paper time limit is very demanding. We needed to write so much in so little time. But the band 5/6 you saw with no conclusion could have gotten FULL mark if their conclusions were present. It may just be that little mistake that cost them those 2 or 3 marks and they ended up in the border between band 5 and 6.

P.S. Survivor39, i think you should be an ESL teacher and write a proper hsc exam or we can combine our ESL forces and write a normal English for Study question where a student can use his/her KNOWLEDGE OF STUDY TECHNIQUES!! well its over anyways. Thanks BOS for the perfectly worded questions e.g. Interview or Speech.
lol, that would be a good idea for me to be the exam writer.
I think we have to agree that the English For Study question was extremely unfair, as nothing about studying strategies were relevant. Therefore, everything we have learned and prepared for this question have all gone to the bin.

On the other hand, I think the examiner is trying to come up with a question that people CAN'T actually memorise essays and write them in the exam paper. They want people to develop their OWN skill of writing and compose an answer in exam condition, rather than prepare one and write it down in the exam. I think most of the question this year, the exam has done just that to prevent learned essays.

Also, the perspective question is worded badly and I think the examiner won't punish too harshly for the incorrect text type.

Mr.Moonlight

HSC
N/A
I did the poetry Q, 2. lucky i studied the street of Laredo, which i didn't plan. lucky it was the face of the street, coz i dun even know the ballad. well, i guess, at least we didn't need to write 4 text in 30 mins, which is just not enough for detailed analysation.

ToRnaDo

HSC
hey i studies Mr. Moonlight as other text for Telling Story elective.. Did u study that story too??? If yes..oh man damn!!! hehehhe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)