Module A - Transformations (1 Viewer)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
it was a good question however i didnt answer it correctly... as in i didnt answer the part that asked "how has your understanding of each text devloped and reshaped?"
i just talked about all the values, the contexts etc in clueless as opposed to emma.... ahh well shit happens.....

bails

Originally posted by Loz#1
I hate R&G...I never have to talk about them again. Woo!
Hehe i soooo agree!

I thought the question was relatively easy, just regurgitation!

s2ophie

HSC
I did Emma And Clueless and this was by far the worst question in the paper for me. i wrote all this crap that made no sense and left out a lot of the good stuff i knew. It was quite an annoying question if you ask me! Anyway hopefully my other reponses will make up for it!

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by hellohello
rather it was how the context enabled u to understand what stoppard and shakespeare was trying to do..
i wrote.. how the context shapes the text.. presenting evidence ie.quotes

but i finished with something along the lines that the text and its context are intimately related:p

btw my english teacher looked at the paper.. and said it was one of those very general questions... like the ones for change "how has ur understanding of change been affected thru study of texts" etc

Last edited:

QUEEN E

thanks guys now ur making me depressed.....for some reasons i i haded the whole paper managed to get 6 booklets in 4 the whole thing but i just freaked...change was heaps better

marko

i also had a bit of a problem with the second part of the question about reshaping understanding etc.. for mine, module c was the easiest, A the second and B the hardest.. i STILL dont understand what the whole module is about (B) but i wrote 6 pages of utter crap... might get me 70% or so which is all im after :D nice knowing you english.

P h i l i p

In this question I discussed how my initial thought's on Hamlet were changed after reading R&G. I thought this was pretty easy.

eeyore

I think alot of what I wrote for this was just BS because I was trying to link it back to the question (because my prepared essay didn't quite fit) and ended up losing half my quotes...

captnbuttons

Okay this question was the worst in the paper... for me! i did emma/clueless and the question, although straight forward threw me.... it wa slike i knew all this stuff about values and ocntexts but i couldnt fit it to the quetsion properly i wrote my conclusiona nd wa sstill like i dont even know if i wrote what they wanted?? Ugh!

sluttyho

man i totally got the thing the wrong way round. I talked about values then context, u reckon they're gonna deduct my marks like crazy??

MrMiK

i did this question 2nd.. i didnt mind it.. i mean.. who cares now anyways... its OVER WITH.. dont stress.. no point.

i wrote 5 pages, and its all relevant.. i was supprised i could remember so much.

Stuwy85

Originally posted by hellohello
haha i think ppl misread the qns

it was complicated. as it required u not to look at the values of the text and then the context.

rather it was how the context enabled u to understand what stoppard and shakespeare was trying to do..

the whole focus was on the context and how this devloped ur understanding. not how the text showed the context!!! slightly different

Guys help me out here im stressing. I said that stoppard gives us a new perspective of the characters which a modern audience can more easily relate to. This perspective allows our understandng of Hamlet to develop as we see the characters differently. My essay focused on stoppard making the text more and more suitable for modern audiences but i was all the while tying this back to the idea that the message portrayed by stoppard in essence the same as Hamlets but easier to understand for a modern audience, from the understanding we gain from stoppards text we can then reshape and develop our understanding of Hamlets text with the knowledge and ideas we have gained from R & G. Did I answer the question well, have i not done something, am i gonna fail??? help please guys.

spark

I'm slightly worried that I didn't answer the question as well as I should have - I just did a rough job at the end of each theme/value, theatrical technique I explored.

truly-in-bliss: AAAAHHHHH!!!!

Lolliana

Originally posted by Stuwy85
Guys help me out here im stressing. I said that stoppard gives us a new perspective of the characters which a modern audience can more easily relate to. This perspective allows our understandng of Hamlet to develop as we see the characters differently. My essay focused on stoppard making the text more and more suitable for modern audiences but i was all the while tying this back to the idea that the message portrayed by stoppard in essence the same as Hamlets but easier to understand for a modern audience, from the understanding we gain from stoppards text we can then reshape and develop our understanding of Hamlets text with the knowledge and ideas we have gained from R & G. Did I answer the question well, have i not done something, am i gonna fail??? help please guys.

okay calm down!

that sound fab, interesting and relevant
but whatever, its over, concentrate on your other exams
you've done the work, ahnded in the paper
you have no more control
i think youre response sounds great
im sure youre going to do fine

smile... abd breathe

lol

Almost There

my goal in life is to be a trophy north shore mum.
should have been an easy question but sooo broad so much to add! so yeah i ran out of time,s tuffed it up. just kept jumping, started talking bout the novel swtiched to movie, then began on themes, then threw in the transformation of frank and the no transforming of miss bates, and then did a specific scence, and then back to values...it was crap cuz i started regurgiating a pre-prepared essay. plus ran out of time. no conclusion excpet one messy line which i doubt they will read. so yeah not too happy on the whole-how many ways can i say "heckerling updates austen to make it more relevant to contemporary audience"

ah well i will never have to use the words composer and responder again!! and i can finally watch clueless for entertainment value!

Stuwy85

Originally posted by Lolliana
okay calm down!

smile... abd breathe

lol
Yeah its just that i think i stuffed module C and was hoping to make up for it with my good A and B answers. When people came out of the exam and started talking about how the question was being misinterpereted by people i got a bit worried. I guess all I was after was a bit of reassurance that i did it right (which i did right???) which you provided in spades, (thanks lolliana.)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
No more Ros & Guil chachacha, no more Ros & Guil chachacha :D

Almost There

my goal in life is to be a trophy north shore mum.
should have been an easy question but sooo broad so much to add! so yeah i ran out of time,s tuffed it up. just kept jumping, started talking bout the novel swtiched to movie, then began on themes, then threw in the transformation of frank and the no transforming of miss bates, and then did a specific scence, and then back to values...it was crap cuz i started regurgiating a pre-prepared essay. plus ran out of time. no conclusion excpet one messy line which i doubt they will read. so yeah not too happy on the whole-how many ways can i say "heckerling updates austen to make it more relevant to contemporary audience"

ah well i will never have to use the words composer and responder again!! and i can finally watch clueless for entertainment value!

anastabation

Listening to some of you fools makes me worried about how well I did. I answered it well, know for a fact. I am already concerned about the "form" aspect of the plath question, and the fact we had to make powerplay an article as it is!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)