Module B: Close Study of Text (1 Viewer)

benno69

HSC
you weren't meant to refer to anymore than one of owen's poems you realise.??

chick_pea

i didn't mind this section..

i did shoe horn, but also didn't like how it had to revolve around only one scene.

i did part b...so just wrote an essay

i'm pretty happy :)

smithica

HSC
i did shoe horn and the web page thingo, at first it threw me because the scene i wanted to do i couldnt remember any quotes so i did the scene and used little fact boxes on the side and did things like,, Humor can also be found in scene blah blah blha then i did my quotes as examples....... i hope it works , who knows

SW0502

HSC
That was sucha bitch of an exam! especially that question but hey who cares whoohoo no more anaylysing stupid bloody texts ever ever agaiN!!! YAY YAY YAY

lozmate

HSC
Im just excited that I will never have to do english anymore!!! Wooo.. And only one more exam for me, on Monday.

I was pretty happy with the Exam. I did Bruce Dawe..

And I think that section where we had to do a Speech - I think I went alright in that too. Hopefully.

bre

......this section was very depressing.

If you feel bad think, "well at least I'm not as dumb as bre."

"I'll let you guys analyse the rest of the poem because I'm running out of time" is probably not the best way to conclude Wilfred Owen..

beaunaldo

HSC
dude this section screwed with me. mainly section 2 withthe 1 scene. i loosly studied scenes but not enough of one scene to do a whole essay on. institution was bout 7 pages n the image one was 6

emskis

i did the shoe horn and i thought this question was actually quite hard... to just do one little scene was difficult, but from what i did do i think was ok anyways.

hopefully the markers will see that wat i wrote was sort of good, but who knows!!

SO glad its over!!! yeeehaww!!!

kylz

HSC
i did the wilfred own question .. it was alright .. i used 'anthem for doomed youth' and yeah lol

dunny22

HSC
yeh i used anthem for doomed youth also...we only had to use 1 poem didnt we and jus sorta talk bout all owens other poems in general terms???

Well thats what i did....What did everyone else do??

dunny22

HSC
yeh i used anthem for doomed youth also...we only had to use 1 poem didnt we and jus sorta talk bout all owens other poems in general terms???

aaaman

Banned
HSC
smithica said:
i did shoe horn and the web page thingo, at first it threw me because the scene i wanted to do i couldnt remember any quotes so i did the scene and used little fact boxes on the side and did things like,, Humor can also be found in scene blah blah blha then i did my quotes as examples....... i hope it works , who knows
yea anyone who did shoe horn usually would of thought that was fucked bcoz i thought it was, like i did 4 pages even tho i write 10 words per line it was the shittest question for a drama, if you did like a film or a poem you would had a better chance

Kd14

HSC
The Witness one was ok as long as you were able to analyse a scene in detail and was able to revise on a specific scene or at least know about a scene.. =D

dunny22

HSC

misspash

HSC
No More English!!!!!

was sooo peaking out this morning, after reading everyone's posts yesterday. I studied alot last night and mainly covered the most important aspects. Section I- Dialogue was an excellent question-something about how voice is used to shape meaning of people and the world. Section II-Film-Witness again was excellent, my school prepared me really well- had to look a at a key scene (i did two know alot, and strengthend my response) and finally Institution and Individual- Raw- Had to use the line- A message to the new generation (cant remember exact wording of the question). Section I-10pages
Section II- 11 pages
Section III- 9 pages

stressed_em

HSC
I was abit confronted by the question at first... like i studied readings of king lear i.e. feminist etc, so I just intergrated that in, hope it's ok!

Gummy_bear

HSC
I did briar rose for section 2. The 'key episode' part threw me a bit, but after i thought of the book as if it were a tv show, it worked.
i look at josephs story as one episode, gamma's story as another episode on the next night and beccas journey to poland on the next night ans so on. lol, tv helps me even in the HSC ^^

I only wrote 5 pages, but i think i went alright as i didnt repeat myself too much and it didnt contain any useless info.

I talked about yolans 'ideas' as if i were talking about the themes of the story nad the 'characteristics' as though i was tlaking about the language techniques, like metaphors nad stuff. and i wrote it as a speech.

Is this how everyone else looked at it?

Srixon

HSC
I fucked up this section wrote 5 and a half pages of shit. we done the shoe-horn sonata and i forgot which one slept with lipstick larry and mixed them up. oh well at least no english tests for the rest of my life

Kean

HSC
I also did Wilfred Owen. The whole ONE poem spun me out because I didnt know ONE poem enough to write a page. So I decided to do 2 however Im not sure If thats "answering the question" as it did ask for ONE!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)