Module B: Cloudstreet (1 Viewer)

b3nn

Starship Trooper
HSC
exam writer: "HMMMM LET'S SEE...we can ask them absolutely anything about this text...I KNOW! let's have them explain absolutely everything about it in 40 minutes!"

sigh.

khairi

HSC
Hah! I agree. It was extremely hard to get a logical train of thought... I had so much to say, and it ended up in a bit of a mess, and all I can think about is all the other stuff I KNEW but just didnt have time to put down.
Sigh indeed.

Famine

HSC
I just ended up identifying and expanding on the different contexts cloudstreet can be read through, then used it to answer the question. There was way too much to write and so little time, I do agree.

the_thomasu

HSC
I agree. Very broad question.
I just regurgitated my Cloudstreet assessment task, which covered some strong points about the novel, which I simplistically said "so therefore make it a pwnage text to study".

How'd you find the other questions Benny? Doing alright down there at Orara? The jetty hall is nice and cold, bit noisy though (they haven't even turned off the bells like they usually do at our school), the school is so small in space I guess they can't afford to rule off an exclusion zone.

chatherine

HSC
i ran out of time for this one, but i dont like this silly rule, where the supervisors have to wait until youve finished one book completely and then check it before they give me another one, im like just pile them up and ill move on when im ready, in stead im waiting with my hand in the air and then its all like come on i ahve a sentence in my head that wants to come out, but i got the string, yes i love the string. easy question, not enough time though.

sexybaby552

omg it was shit i had no idea wat to write.. i would start something and then read it and think it was wrong n then i though of other stuff to write... there was just so much i wanted to put in there and i was so worried that i didnt write enough i just had to leave it coz i had gone ova time

Nadia-Jane

HSC
I did cloudstreet. I didn't find it too difficult, at least i hope i didnt anyway. I wrote what i knew but i dont really know that it correctly related to the question.. thats my problem, if i cant completely understand the question or what aspect it is looking for then i just write what i know and see if it fits in somehow.

Anyway what did those of you who did cloudstreet write about in your essays or however you approached it, what aspects of the book did yous expand upon?

b3nn

Starship Trooper
HSC
i tried to cover as much as i could on the three areas it said to analyse.

structure - i mostly wrote about the linear-but-circular nature of the plot and the way winton shows the passing of time

content - i tried to work in a couple of readings and wrote about family values, etc

language - the vernacular of the family juxtaposed with spirutual fish's language

i didn't find the question difficult to understand, it was just so all-encompassing that i found it was difficult to approach. there was so much more that i wanted to write about but 40 minutes just wasn't enough time.

Jeeeb

I wan't sure if they wanted an essay or more of a conversational responce to criticism from a class mate, I went for the second :( now I realise it was an essay :(, but yeah very broad question, I did it last cause I don't like cloudstreet at all.

Nadia-Jane

HSC
llamalope said:
what was the question for this? I'm sure they made it easier because everyody fucked up last year

Your class has been exploring the question, 'What will continue to make (whetaver text you did) worthy of critical study?'

Your personal response has been challenged by another student. Defend your response through a critical evaluation of (text), analysing the construction, content and language of the text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)