Module B: De-appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Whilst this was the worst question ever made, just realise that everyone is in the same boat. For poetry it said refer to TWO poems only and i know tons of people who wrote more, and/or, didnt refer to varying interpretations. The question was considered hard by all, and as such, everyone shall get bad marks.

So turn that frown upside done y'all. :uhhuh:

poijse

HSC
N/A
uber hard

dude that question was uber hard, i do cloudstreet and haven't done something like that ever....
hahah my teacher after was trynna like say we did it write, "no its means like use at least 2 quotes" yea right........ u didin't teach us right!!!!
waaaaa hardness......lucky i didn't try very hard for cloudstreet, most of my effort was put into antony and cleopatra and chaucer

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
I think it was a kinda bad question, caught me off guard. Though it is still fair, it asks within the boundaries of what it's supposed to.
Especially with such good like in the aos paper, and this whole paper (paper 2) was basically essays as well, we can't complain.

grimreaper

HSC
The reason Im so pissed off is that Lear was my best module by far - I got 4 marks more in it than the others in my trial. However now ive written a crappy essay for it in the hsc so I think itll be even worse than the other two

bubble_tea

fuk omg it was the worst shit question ever
i did harwood and we only did the christian and psychoanalytical readings.. and the question they gave us was about time and place? those that studied postmodern and feminist readings were so much better off.. -_-" i used simple language and didn't address the question cuz it didn't relate to my study.. i feel so fukked in the head, after 12 years of english this is how they test us, on shit our school didn't even teach us

Jase

HSC
what the fuck does EXTRACT mean what a load of shit farking fruitcaking monkey moooface in a head have bloody ...

im going to spite the unviersal god of English by ffrom noOW On Using bad speling and Garmmaer those stipud bastersd FUCNAK.

poijse

HSC
N/A
lol

Jase said:
what the fuck does EXTRACT mean what a load of shit farking fruitcaking monkey moooface in a head have bloody ...

im going to spite the unviersal god of English by ffrom noOW On Using bad speling and Garmmaer those stipud bastersd FUCNAK.

YOU ARE THE FUNNYEST GUY
hahahahahah thats funnyest thing i've read since hsc started lol =P

i'm gonna do something except i already suck at spelling

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
It wasn't that bad. When you think overall how easy both english tests were you have to be pretty happy.
You can't expect the whole thing to be a breeze.
Especially for advanced english, it shouldn't be that bad if the question isn't exactly what you hoped for

HSC
hey at least its over instead of de-preciating it how bout we all go out and burn the books and forget we ever heard the name 'king lear'...allthough the play does have a good message lol

fuck it, i appreciate it, im different yayyyyy :)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh fukn hell king lear seciton was gay shit, past hsc qs were way easier...i dont mind the text but the question was not good, i spent most of my 5mins reading time on it, coz i cudnt believe the Board of Studies pulled that mufuka out...

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
the question wasnt too bad if you knew what you were doing. but that is impossible because the question was soooo vague.

1. the question was about how context results in divergent interpretations, but only asks for your interpretation. (it was very implicit that you use more than just yours) ie very poorly expressed.

2. wtf is meant by extract. it could have meant a quote, a scene, an act, or parts of the play separated by turning points. eg love test, storm scene then final sequence of scene.

3. some questions needed more than two extracts to clearly explain themselves. very stupid limitation.

Thus, i interpret this question in our hsc context to be the most stupid mofo of a question ever in the hsc.

simpz

HSC
my teacher seriously taught our class nothing about readings, i asked her YESTERDAY and she said that we dont need to know it. i looked around in the exam and everyone in my class was just laughin at how bad we are going to go!! i had to make it all up as i went along...
DAMM HER!

LVB

I'm jumping on the Kill King lear question bandwagon..

To phrase it ala simpsons:

They could not have made this question harder on the hardingest day of their lives with an electrified hardening machine!!

I agree with the use of bad grammer. See?! AN E !!

thiss well arnoy themm.

stewpid inglishh teetchers

*duz grumpi fays*

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I think the worst part of the question was that it was regulated so that all texts from module B had the same question. This is stupid. Obviously someone who studies Yeats (circa 1910) is able to write more about varying interpretations than someone who did say Cloudstreet (which id imagine to be fairly recently published) or Shakespeare (god, did people even value texts in the 1600s?).

The fact that i did Texts and Ways of Thinking for extension made a big difference in how i was able to address the question, something i would have expolited even more had i had more time to mull over the question.

I believe this was unfair on part of the BOS. Each question for the critical study should be able to answered within the same criteria and with the same amount of scope as each other question of the module.

Pick up ya act fuckheads.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i did cloudstreet and i interprateted the extracts to mean episodes from the novel
but that is almost impossible to do
becuase no one context can come from one section
although i went into 2 in detail
i still had bits from other section
because i had bever had a question like that b4
i had no idea what i was doing
basically i was writing as many points as i could get down in that time.

Mustafa Mond

Wtf Was The Go With This Question

I do cloudstrret and when i saw the two extracts bit i was like wtf! Is extract as a noun actuially defined anywhere? (yes it is uin the BOS glossary but that's in it's verb form) so what constiutes an extract? a quote? an episode? half the book? consequently I just wrote about my niormal stuff with discussion of how my context and that of others affected their interpreations of teh book.

I even asked my English teacher, who's the head marker for this section and he was like (quote) "Urrgh. What on earth did they ask you that for?" (unquote). Even he thought it was a poorly written question.

*Sigh* Unfortunately there's not much we can do about it now.....Goddammit i don't want to be passive, I'm ANGRY! GRRRR CURSED BOARD OF STUDIES!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)