Module B: De-appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

Randogz

lucky really...coz its ambiguity means that it will be marked with more leniency and fairness. i mean, hello, everyone on here interpreted the question so differently, god i was rambling about my interpretations, their interpretations and shakespeare's interpretations!! i had no idea

sub

lets just leave it as a fuked up question and move on with our lives...shit happens, and well...will someone just kill the head english dude on BOS and be done with it. think about it this way...no more english ever!!! MWAHAHAHA

sub

simpz said:
my teacher seriously taught our class nothing about readings, i asked her YESTERDAY and she said that we dont need to know it. i looked around in the exam and everyone in my class was just laughin at how bad we are going to go!! i had to make it all up as i went along...
DAMM HER!

srsly that is unlucky...how can u not be taught what's in the exam...that's VERY unfair.
we had a sub who couldn;t teach for a term on this topic, and we basically had to learn everything again with our normal teacher. fuking pain in the ass that was.
anyway we asked him how to do a leaveisite reading and he said: "i dont know" - this was for a class assessment, counting for like 15% of school marks...u'd expect teachers to have some sort of knowledge of their shit right?

lucyinthehole

you guys with the fucked-up teachers should really pull together with your respective classes and do an appeal

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Or alternatively, teach yourself as i have done for the past year. Dont expect to be spoonfed. You have a syllabus for a reason. Bad luck to all though. I know i sound like a harsh bastard. :(

lucyinthehole

absolution* said:
Or alternatively, teach yourself as i have done for the past year. Dont expect to be spoonfed. You have a syllabus for a reason. Bad luck to all though. I know i sound like a harsh bastard. :(
then why go to school? get a copy of the syllabus, copy of the text and your set, right?

we don't expect to be spoonfed. we expect to be taught.

Aerials

your member for ulladulla
HSC
calm down people. lets not let this (as well as the bastards at the Board of Studies, and the bitches who teach you shit-all... not naming any names... damn you P.H. [people from my school will know who she is... obviously]) get our panties twisted in a wad. it was a hard module as most people admitted; so im fairly sure that the markers will take into account that alot of people did poorly, either under exam stress or otherwise. im just kind of glad that english is out of the way - something i really didnt enjoy doing.

oh by the way, for anyone doing cloudstreet Tim Winton said: "its just a story... i thought it would be the way that it would happen. there are no real symbols behind the text that i sat there and thought up."...case closed

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
srsly we wernt taught productions we were shown them but not taught them which is fukd...for an assessment (our last one b4 the trial) we had to study i think 2 critical interpretations by ourselves, it defeats the purpose of having a teacher...ok sure i dont want to b spoon fed but a lil assistance along the way wud not have gone astray....
on anotha look at the question...it still seems ambiguous, they shudnt have made a generic q for all teh texts in the module...like htey divided module b into questions for each text, what they shud have done was have the one generic question(which they did), but in the lear one they shuda asked for 2 scenes, and hten for prose htey shuda had 2 chapters and so on...i personally intepreted the question for lear as 2 scenes neways but i think its slack on ppl who misinterpreted hte question...furhtermore, i think the question worried me a bit in the exam as there was a lot of emphasis on "your", and i was thinking mayb they dont wanna hear bout the productions and intepretations ive seen, well i put em in neway and showed how htey were limited and wot a production shud do to maintain textual integrity

Last edited:

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
Supra said:
srsly we wernt taught productions we were shown them but not taught them which is fukd...
Our teachers really emphasised the productions part. We read through the play, and looked at the themes and stuff, but we then watched the brook and eyre productions, and there was an excursion to the bondi production.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
die to all who made critical readings to interpret a text!

sub

absolution* said:
hey dude, we couldn;t really band together and do the text, cos our class and one other class did cloudstreet, and the other class, with their noraml teacher was worse off than us :(
teach urself is kinda hard when ur trying to learn critical analyses of a novel...there's so many things that can go rong... we ended up wasting some more time later trying to go thru it for the first time with our normal teacher when she returned...taht really saved my ass from scraping the bottom of a band 2 response...i think ill gete a band 4 for the crap i produced on the day tho. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)