Module B- Gwen Harwood (1 Viewer)

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
well the question was great...but three poems scared me at first...i studied Prize giving and the violets in depth....but had a good knowledge of Alter Ego to blance it up.

How did you guys go.

HSC
Meh, wasted so much time on this stupid question. probably wrote the most for it.. but such a waste of time as it was all crap anyway. 3 poems was dumb, not enough time to do anything properly. used alter ego, glass jar and father and child.... wish i had just slept in this morning

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
argh 3 poems, so hideous.
i knew at mornington and alter-ego good and pfft everyone knows the glass jar so i chucked that in for good measure, talked about the oedipal complex and the "malignant ballet". should be a winner.
hooray i never have to study gwen whorewood ever again. i hate her more than having to do legal studies exam tomoro.

rowan brand

Glass jar -sophoclean oedipal complex, Freudian psychoanalyitica theory
Prize giving - feminism, creativity versus intellect
At Mornington - memory, nostalgia, phillosophy on death

Speech text type, becasue it said it was a class discussion.

haaha..... whorewood.... that is frightfully funny

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
When my year saw the "THREE" a collective groan went up and the eyes of the girl in front of me started to water. Luckily for me, I was predicting they'd tell us we must refer to a certain poem, so I studied all 6 in detail. Did Glass Jar, Prizegiving and Father and Child, and wrote exactly 1 booklet-- finished on the last line. It started out speechy, but I think it turned into an argument, kinda finishing along the lines of "my classmate is entitled to his opinions about the relevance of Harwood, and whether it should continue to be critically analysed, but i'm sure many of you will agree that her messages are still relevant to a contemporary audience, and the messages we learn through them can be taken with us to the future, just as shakespeare's words are relevant to the persona in Father and Child". I was stoked :p

misfit_87

HSC
When we had the reading time I noticed the people around me to start squirming lol and I could tell they had read the harwood question with THREE poems. When I saw that at first I didn't panic but i was like what the hell am I going to write about, I only knew two in depth but I had studied all 6 in case they were going to specify.. because our teachers pumulled into us to study all 6 just in case. I then was relieved actually they didn't pick one for us, I thought choosing the three ourselves was much better. I ended up writing about The Glass Jar, Prize Giving and The Violets. I thought the question wasn't too hard at all and was quite easy to answer but I'll just have to wait until I get my results to know if I went okay or not.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Harwood was suprisingly easy!

I did prize giving, glass jar and Father and Child

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
congratz guys looks like most of u done very well in this module.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)