Module B Question!! (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Hey, i need some real reassurance on one of the questions in the module paper. For my close study of text, the question was "In what ways does the director draw you into the world of the film". The film was Witness. I started off by saying that the director draws us into the film through various techniques. Hence, it is through this that allows the responder to see the psychological state of both the English and Amish world, which consequently allows one to gain an insight into their values and beliefs, whilst developing an apperication of cultural diversity. Then i referred to various scenes, which show the contrast between both world and related to the q in someway. I really think that what i did was wrong, considering what my friends did. Can you please tell me, if what i did was right?

Last edited:

eX-Bhai

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
Hey, i need some real reassurance on one of the questions in the module paper. For my close study of text, the question was "In what ways does the director draw you into the world of the film". The film was Witness. I started off by saying that the director draws us into the film through various techniques. Hence, it is through this that allows the responder to see the psychological state of both the English and Amish world, which consequently allows one to gain an insight into their values and beliefs, whilst developing an apperication of cultural diversity. Then i referred to various scenes, which show the contrast between both world and related to the q in someway. I really think that what i did was wrong, considering what my friends did. Can you please tell me, if what i did was right?
dennis - my essay was structured the same way as yours. I believe its wrong. You should have focused more on how the audience is able to witness the film (eg through the eye level perspective of Samuel etc).

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
eX-Bhai said:
dennis - my essay was structured the same way as yours. I believe its wrong. You should have focused more on how the audience is able to witness the film (eg through the eye level perspective of Samuel etc).
Aw crap. So, you did the same thing?

mark899

HSC
hmm that sounds alright.. i just basically talked about different camera techniques used.. music and sound effects, imagery and the clasH Of the 2 dif worlds

eX-Bhai

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
Aw crap. So, you did the same thing?
yeh i did sadly - but don't worry. Alot of the state would have approached it in the same way.

zedzed

HSC
i don't think it's wrong. see i didn't really understand the question either so i looked at the rubric and it said "demonstrate understing of a text's distinctive qualilities (that means techniques) and how these shape meaning (draw you into the world of the text)". i hope we're both right.

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
i found that question heaps easy! yep basically i talked about how we can learn to understand and accept different cultures, the concept of community, how we should question the existence of violence in our society, and how it makes us feel good as it explores the concept of good overcoming evil.

4DOGS

HSC
i talked about the clash of the cultures and i also showed how weir used different camera angles to draw the audience into the film through witnessing different things.
e.g. point of view shot of samuel witnessing the murder
dolly shot of book going into fight the tourist
hand held camera when shaefer knocks down the door in the final scene.

maplebubbles06

HSC
Mine was with the prose fiction: i talked about a significant event and the components of that event that were used to draw us into the prose fiction, PLUS provididng detailed analysis.!!

I guess it was an open ended question and yeah, in english, there is like no set answers..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)